AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 15-02-12, 02:26 PM   #1
thestribb

thestribb is on a distinguished road
Opinions on the MK2 110?

Hi guys,

As some of you know, my (very) recent purchase of a Zed 120 MK1 is now in a mess because of an incident with a Clio, so after weighing up some of the options, George has kindly informed me of a MK2 54 plate 110 hatch going at a good price.

My question really is what's everyone's thoughts on the 110, obvious problems to look out for (other than the obvious HG, pumps, etc)? My luck with cars is somewhat minimal, so just thought I'd ask

Any opinions welcome.
thestribb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-12, 02:50 PM   #2
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
No difference in problems between 110 or 120 so same thing's to look for,
Im sure if the car is coming from George then it will have had a good going over and if it's just from someone he knows you could ask him to check it over.
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-12, 02:57 PM   #3
Enright

Enright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the rough
I guess you should be starting from a nice cheap platform from an insurance POV, and then it's up to you what you want to bolt onto it to spec it up a bit. Virtually anything will fit given a bit of time and spanner-wielding: 180 kit, all round electric windows, Traffic Master clock, 11 spoke wheels, nicer/heated seats - all do-able and potentially without affecting your premium.

George has a good reputation on here so you can be confident you'll get a decent deal.

Mk2 MG ZS TD 115 with full 180 kit (and 2x Lotus Elan SE Turbos)
Enright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-12, 03:24 PM   #4
thestribb

thestribb is on a distinguished road
Yeah I have full faith in him, just thought I'd be a good boy and do all my research. How much would a 180 kit cost? That's the thing I'm looking at the most, predominately getting a spoiler on as it looks a tad bare without it.
thestribb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-12, 05:20 PM   #5
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Think a spoiler on a hatch isnt just the bolt on mod that it is on a saloon.

There are smaller spoilers that fit and the big spoiler can be made to fit, but I think its a bit of a fiddle.
Old 15-02-12, 05:27 PM   #6
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Same as any other car, make sure it has some service history if possible, belts should have been done by now, check the levels are ok, if it has had a replacment HG make sure this is documented.

As with any car it is worth taking a friend to help you check it over.
Old 15-02-12, 07:53 PM   #7
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Bobdope2002 is on a distinguished road
£2750 ypu can have mine

Bobdope2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-12, 08:19 PM   #8
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
my advice if you want a 180 body kitted 110, just buy one like it already,
tbh they are good cars, about as quick as the 1.8 but less torque but with full car you feel it more,
ive had mine for 4 years now and i love it tbh, its been a great car, flown through 5 MOTs now with no advisories
Old 15-02-12, 08:33 PM   #9
vanishing days

vanishing days will become famous soon enough
2750 are you mental!
Old 15-02-12, 08:37 PM   #10
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Bobdope2002 is on a distinguished road
No I'm not

It's worth 2750 of anyone's money I won't sell it for anything less I'm not a complete idiot like others in here selling them for peanuts
Bobdope2002 is offline   Reply With Quote