theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 27-01-12, 08:33 PM   #1
steven.winder

steven.winder is on a distinguished road
need some ideas..............

I have just got a Britisg racing green 120+ and need some ideas of how to modify it a little to make an improvement and fill the nights I have spare, its totaly standard now and has just had full service and needs cambelt and cam shaft oil seals (doing tomorrow) then I have nothing else to do. Any Ideas will be greatly received as long as there not too chavy like full jap style kit and 20"" rims with neons haha. Thanks in advance.
steven.winder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-12, 08:38 PM   #2
magpie67

magpie67 is on a distinguished road
Be interesting to see the replies i've got a 120 saloon in trophy blue !!
Old 27-01-12, 08:48 PM   #3
steven.winder

Mine is a hatch so not much that won't be the same. As I have never owned an MG I am not sure what are the usual places to improve....
Old 27-01-12, 09:02 PM   #4
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
post some pictures up, helps for planning personally less is more for me, so id get the standard 180 bodykit on it, standard 17" straight alloys coated either black or grey, slightly lowered, set of rover 45 front lights, very light tints on the back windows, fresh numberplates, janspeed exhaust system, k&n panel filter lol, ehhhh. 180 front and rear brakes painted either black, silver or a dark gold
Old 27-01-12, 09:07 PM   #5
steven.winder

Will post some pics tomorrow after a good clean and fettle, less is more in my books to, like the standard look but when people who know there stuff will notice the little touches.
Old 27-01-12, 09:40 PM   #6
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
little thing's like new Badges make it nice n fresh.
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-12, 09:45 PM   #7
steven.winder

Yeah new badges are required saw them on ebay for very little just never ordered yet.
Old 27-01-12, 09:47 PM   #8
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
There is loads you can do to these and still keep them looking factory, the Rover parts bin is fairly interchangable between models.
Looks wise if its not got the v6 splitter and skirts (asuming its a MK1) they are a must in my opinion to get it looking like its a bit lower. 17" wheels help with this too (MK1 straights or MK2 11 spokes to keep it looking o.e). If it doesnt have fogs you can add those and maybe put some 45 front lights on if you dont like the orange indicators.
Performance wise there is the usual air filter/ exhaust mods but on an otherwise standard 120 there is no point for the cost other than sound/ looks. If you want most bang per buck get a complete VVC cylinder head off a ZR/ TF 160, wiring loom and ECU which will see you to 158 bhp and is all plug and play for less than £500 easy.
You could then fit bigger brakes either straight off a 180 or use 620ti calipers with 180 front discs which gives you slightly larger surface area however you have to gring the carriers slightly to accomidate the slightly wider ZS discs.
There are loads of other mods you can do but that should give you an idea for now
Old 27-01-12, 09:57 PM   #9
steven.winder

Yeah 180 kit looks appealing, can you get just the splitters or is it a full bumper replacment? Also are the skirts a direct fit to the hatchback? Cheers
Old 27-01-12, 10:04 PM   #10
ChrisG

ChrisG is on a distinguished road
Alright mate, just to let you know I am based in Carlisle and have loads of ZS parts available if you ever need anything. Unfortunately Ive sold my 180 side skirts but I still have a set of 17inch straights and loads of bits of trim and body panels, some in BRG too. Let me know if you need anything.

Cheers
ChrisG is offline   Reply With Quote