theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 19-12-10, 09:23 PM   #1
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
Tyres

My ZED will soon need some new tyres.

I have been searching and there are so many makes to choose from.
I am not keen on the Continentals on it at the moment, I got a Bridgestone Potenza from work, but they are not cheap!

A friend of mine has got 2 Dunlop Super Sports for sale, but all I keep finding is that they fit the BMW mini. Will they fit a ZS alloy? The spec is the same, 205/45-17VR.

If not any other options, good but also cheapish!!!

I know one of you guys can help
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-10, 09:34 PM   #2
smudgelj

smudgelj is on a distinguished road
wife has got toyo proxies all round on her mazda ive got them on the front of my st my opinion is soft tyre good in the dry and like them better in snow than the perelli had last year
smudgelj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-10, 09:56 AM   #3
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Had two Hankook 205 x 45 x 17 88W K110 Evo V12 X/LOAD put on the front six months back, ?85 each.

Good grip and not as noisy as the old ones.

Dont know if its the car or the tyres, but there is not much grip in the snow!!!

Old 20-12-10, 11:19 AM   #4
vanishing days

vanishing days will become famous soon enough
the dunlops will fit but most tyre places wont fit them as they are run flat ones
vanishing days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-10, 12:33 PM   #5
KevG
2007 Focus ST2

KevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
Had two Hankook 205 x 45 x 17 88W K110 Evo V12 X/LOAD put on the front six months back, ?85 each.

Good grip and not as noisy as the old ones.

Dont know if its the car or the tyres, but there is not much grip in the snow!!!

I have had Conti's, Toyo's on the Zed over the years, and now I have Hankook Evo V12 on the car and I love them, really grippy in Wet and Dry, I cannot comment on the snow as the Zed isnt coming out in this weather.
Most "performance" tyres dont run well in the snow, as the tread pattern is very close together which get clogged up with snow, thus making them like a slick.

KevG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-10, 12:50 PM   #6
R8NMG

R8NMG will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgelj View Post
wife has got toyo proxies all round on her mazda ive got them on the front of my st my opinion is soft tyre good in the dry and like them better in snow than the perelli had last year
Replaced my tyres last week and I was going to have Toyo T1R on as a cheaper option but the weather put me off using them and decided to have Bridgestone RE050A which I was using before anyway. ?600 for all four tyres.
R8NMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-10, 02:21 PM   #7
marts66
Site Supporter

marts66 is on a distinguished road
Got Federal S595s on mine. A bit noisy, seem to last a decent mileage and great in the dry, wet use could be better. But for the price they're OK. No ditchfinder comments mind, they're not THAT bad!!!

Sarcasm....the lowest form of humour and the highest form of vulgarity.

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

TF135 cams, 52mm throttle body, PECO SS catback, K&N Apollo, PAYEN headgasket, Tinted rear lenses, HID 6000k headlights, 100w mains, citroen washers, grooved discs with Mintex redbox pads, Sony Xplod + USB + 10 disc changer, sub + amp, one off alloy bonnet badge, rear headrests and the beat goes on...
marts66 is offline   Reply With Quote