theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 07-03-13, 07:36 PM   #1
dean0

dean0 is on a distinguished road
Cool Going to the Nurburgring

Well have booked the hotel, ferry and arranged breakdown cover for our belated honeymoon - We had a few days in the lakes after we got married but always planned a road trip to the sacred north loop once we could organise a few people to come with us and coordinate holidays etc.

We are going with a couple of seasoned ringers - my Brother and another friend who have been 6 or 7 times, I've been as a passenger a few years ago and drove 1 lap in the wet in my Bro's MG ZR 160, this year he is taking his Caterham Supersport

We are not planning on setting any kind of records, it is planned more as a road trip but of course we both plan to drive at least 1 lap each in the ZS - I'm so lucky to have a wife who is almost as much a petrol head as me!

We travel out on Sat 27th April and come home on Tuesday 30th, bit of a long shot but if anyone else is going then come and say Hi!
dean0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-13, 07:54 PM   #2
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Good for you mate! My missus said your missus is sad! What does she know!

One day I will make the trip. Without 'er indoors!
Old 07-03-13, 08:41 PM   #3
OllieZS

OllieZS is on a distinguished road
I hope you have a great time, it is somewhere I would love to drive, that and Spa! Especially as part of a road trip!
OllieZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-13, 09:11 PM   #4
vanishing days

vanishing days will become famous soon enough
Its brilliant fun mate really addictive
Old 07-03-13, 09:38 PM   #5
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Good to have a understanding other half, have a good, safe trip.

Plenty of pics and vids.

Dont race the Bro.
Old 08-03-13, 08:33 AM   #6
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Only very envious.. Had thought about suggesting this to my other half for next year when we get married as part of our honeymoon. As much as she loves the cars and so on im not sure shed go for it lol.

Hope you enjoy it mate and definately get some vids of the laps.
Old 08-03-13, 08:44 AM   #7
Smokey
The Alan Gow of OBTCC

Smokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to behold
Hope you have a great trip! I'm one of the lucky ones too with a wife who loves motorsport and especially the ZS (Kat2512). I hope to do the 'ring some time in the future!

2009 Forza 2 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC 2nd Place Runner-up
2009/2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Clio Cup 4th Place
2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/F500 Cup 2nd Place Runner-up
2011 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 3rd Place
2012 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 1st Place Winner
2012/2013 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/DTM Championship 3rd Place
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-13, 09:22 PM   #8
dean0

dean0 is on a distinguished road
Talking

Well we have been and are back with the ZS still working!

Had the most fantastic time, 6 of us in total driving an eclectic mix of cars,

Mrs Dean0 (Ali) and Myself - MG ZS of course
Bryn - Caterham Supersport
Roger - Travelled in almost brand new BMW 125, rented a Renault sport Megane R26
Steve and Paul - BMW 6 series coupe and rented a Renault sport Megane 265

Sunday was overcast but dry, however was very cold, this did seem to keep the bikes away. There were some pretty fantastic cars in attendance including several GT-Rs, the usual array of Porsches, BMs, and Audis, a handful of Corvetts, Astons and Ferraris and a Zonda!

We did 4 laps in the ZS, amazingly while grabbing a coffee at the petrol station just outside the track I spotted another ZS in X-Power grey pull in, Had a chat with the (German) driver Michael and his wife, they were very experienced ringers having completed over 300 laps, and a very nice couple too, we headed up to the track in formation and did a lap together, I think that must have surprised a few onlookers seeing 2 ZSs one on UK plates and one on German plates

Michael then offered to take me out for a fast lap in his ZS, it was fantastic, I could not believe how much speed he could carry through the corners, we had 3 yellow flag sections during the lap but still managed a 9.34, apart from a Piper exhaust, uprated front brakes and full harnesses his car was standard so it does go to show in capable hands the ZS is a formidable track car (but then we all knew that already)

Sunday evening was spent in Pinocchio's in Adenau - we held a bit of a man V food session while re-living the day.

Monday the track is only open for a couple of hours in the evening so we spent the day doing a bit of sightseeing around the area.
Ali had plucked up enough courage to drive a lap, the first time she has driven the ZS too!
not very quick, and some pretty awful lines through some of the corners but she did it!

after letting the ZS cool down for a bit I went out for my last lap with Bryn as my track guide and managed a Clarkson-esk 9.59, was very please with that.

To finish off an amazing weekend I did a passenger lap in both the Caterham and the R26, both very impressive in their own way.

The ZS did pretty well over the weekend, the brakes get a little spongy when hot and it used a little bit of oil but returned 34 mpg not including the time on track.

Sorry for the rambling post - now for some photos...

Dean & Ali

dean0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-13, 09:29 PM   #9
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
Looks like a great trip, something I would love to do.
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-13, 09:37 PM   #10
Smokey
The Alan Gow of OBTCC

Smokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to behold
Defo on the bucket list. Looks ace.

2009 Forza 2 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC 2nd Place Runner-up
2009/2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Clio Cup 4th Place
2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/F500 Cup 2nd Place Runner-up
2011 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 3rd Place
2012 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 1st Place Winner
2012/2013 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/DTM Championship 3rd Place
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote