theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 24-05-13, 12:38 PM   #1
M100LSN - ZS

M100LSN - ZS is on a distinguished road
Just got myself a v6

Just gone up to a v6 from my 120 and after some advice plz....

How much is a good 120 worth with 160k on the clock but had a complete rebuild at 113k?

Need a clutch for the v6 but not sure what i should be getting as ppl are saying standards are rubbish?

The wheels are all badly curbed on the rims and would like to get them refurbed and done white any suggestions where and price id be looking at?? or how hard it is to do yourself??

Back bumper is cracked and i havent found one yet but a brand new bumper for a rover 45 has come up and was wondering if that would fit?

The head lights look as though someone has tried to put a film over them and it is shocking, any ideas on how to improve them or just replace them??

Thanks, zoe
M100LSN - ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-13, 02:10 PM   #2
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Hey Zoe... I think I replied to you on Facebook about the clutch kit... But if not then can you confirm if it is a MK2 or MK1 ZS?

I got away with re-bleeding the OE clutch kit for a while, but the proper fix is gearbox off and clean up\re-grease the clutch slave arm, then fit a sheddist kit as well.

If it happens to be a MK1 I have tones of bits in my garage and I can probably send you some headlights at least

While the 45 Bumpers fit, they are different from the ZS (no exhaust heat shield or cut-out for starters)

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-13, 05:12 PM   #3
M17TT180

M17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the rough
Hi welcome!

If you need bits i'm breaking 2 180's, check out my threads in the for sale section.

Lots of second- hand parts click HERE
Project Typhoon
M17TT180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-13, 08:46 PM   #4
M100LSN - ZS

M100LSN - ZS is on a distinguished road
Thanks both of you, i need a clutch asap so what other would you suggest???
and ive been told slave cylinder and clutch as it is not selecting gears hardly the pedal is really stiff and the bite is on the floor :-(
M100LSN - ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-13, 09:12 PM   #5
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Nice move.

Not sure what the 120 will be worth, I'd compare prices on rbay and auto trader.

Sheddist kits transform the clutch on the ZS.

James
Old 01-06-13, 03:36 AM   #6
waynester

waynester is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the 2.5L 24 Valve Quad Cam V6 club..

I know many have uprated their clutch, but unless you're tuning & have significantly more power the oe is fine.. at least, I have had no problems..so far! Lol

Unfortunately MG ZR/ZSs are going for criminally low amounts.. I don't think yours with 160k would be more than a few hundred. Whilst the re-build would be a plus point..not sure it would add much value.

*Car was SOTW August '12
waynester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-13, 10:16 AM   #7
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
It would make it easier to sell to with the work done, not increase the value. OE clutches are more than adequate, no need to uprate unless running high figures, which we don't really. The OE clutch plate is an MGR turbo spec one on the V6 anyway.