theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 12-02-12, 09:13 AM   #1
gibbzy2k1

gibbzy2k1 is on a distinguished road
Question Derv MPG?!

What do the derv guys get these days. Since June mine has averaged 43mpg. The last few weeks its been closer to 38mpg!

Is that about right or am I missing out on something. I used to get mid 30s from my 216 coupe and slightly more from the 1.3 fiesta that we sold to buy the reliable, economical ZS derv. lol
gibbzy2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-12, 10:08 AM   #2
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
I used to get 47 ish on my ZS when it was standard. Dropped to about 40 when I added the decat - K and N - and SDis.

My 325d is averaging 39 at the moment ....

You changed where you get your fuel from or your driving style ?
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-12, 10:26 AM   #3
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Started off std car 50+, decat, remap, boost up, roverron gissmo, panel filter, was high 40tys.

Havnt been brave enough to check it since the SDi's, and Reidy remap, but feels like low 40ts.

Does your one pull from 1600 odd rpm right through to the limiter???

Only if the Maf thing is shot it may use more fuel. Dan had a problem when he had the blue derv, put a new maf on it and transformed the car.

Think a lot of the mpg figs is down to the umph you give it, or dont!!!!

Old 12-02-12, 11:48 AM   #4
gibbzy2k1

I do give a push, but didn't think I was that bad. The car has a Decat, closed induction cone and a digi-mafam. I was planning to tune it up and get sdis but at this rate it would be too thirsty.

I have just found the iceburg that sank Titanic in the spare wheel well! extra weight might not help. lol
Old 12-02-12, 03:28 PM   #5
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
One way to get the water out, let it freeze first.

SDi's do make a big difference, but at a cost, mpg and black smoke!!!

Have to see how it gets on at its next MOT, can see cat going back on and the old std injectors going in.
Old 12-02-12, 04:00 PM   #6
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
If its just town driving then 40mpg is pretty good even by modern standards, especially in this weather.
I average 45-50 in mine mixed driving but lots of 30 zones. SDIs, decat etc etc. Can get it a bit better on a motorway run. My car has done 121K
Old 12-02-12, 04:01 PM   #7
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
Oh and I noticed no difference in mpg with SDIs fitted unless driven very hard. Do it, youll never look back I promise!
Old 12-02-12, 06:30 PM   #8
Enright

Enright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the rough
I think it generally drops a bit at this time of year because the engine never gets properly warm, big lump that it is.
Also you use a lot more energy to keep you warm etc - my seat heater is never off at the moment!

Mk2 MG ZS TD 115 with full 180 kit (and 2x Lotus Elan SE Turbos)
Enright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-12, 08:12 PM   #9
peterzs
promoted bloke!

And I thought we were the Southern Softies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 13-02-12, 08:53 AM   #10
gibbzy2k1

I haven't got heated seats. lol although due to the dampness The air con is on constantly. I have just been going back through the MPG and noticed it has dropped off with the cold weather.

I did a trip to Blackpool in Nov and got 58mpg. obviously its not too bad after all. Might get the SDIs in the summer, got to fix these door handles first as my mate broke the rear handle last night!

I want to do a bit of tuning but still want eh car to be relatively economical as my sterling only gets 20mpg.