theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 03-01-12, 09:12 AM   #1
Nor

Nor is a jewel in the roughNor is a jewel in the roughNor is a jewel in the rough
Scottish weather

Some wind today in Scotland, worse than Hurricane Bawbag a couple of weeks ago I reckon.

I'm not as bad as some, but car not the best. Tiles off house and landed on bonnet and roof of car.

Last edited by Nor; 03-01-12 at 09:14 AM.
Nor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-12, 11:13 AM   #2
Hambo-180

Hambo-180 is on a distinguished road
got a fair bit of damage this morning Nor, tiles off the roof, couple of fences down, at least its not as windy now but now its pouring down!!! Happy New Year!

Last edited by Hambo-180; 03-01-12 at 11:41 AM.
Hambo-180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-12, 11:39 AM   #3
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Ouch, sounds nasty, if it makes you feel any better, we have had it in the south as well.

Just got back from one of the daughters, fence panel down, and the wind and rain pushed water through the sliding patio doors.

No tiles off roof, glad to say.
Old 03-01-12, 12:35 PM   #4
Smokey
The Alan Gow of OBTCC

Smokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to behold
That's my worry Nor. Scared to check the car! Any damage?

2009 Forza 2 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC 2nd Place Runner-up
2009/2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Clio Cup 4th Place
2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/F500 Cup 2nd Place Runner-up
2011 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 3rd Place
2012 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 1st Place Winner
2012/2013 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/DTM Championship 3rd Place
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-12, 12:42 PM   #5
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
That's nasty dude.thankfully mines is garaged at night. hope the damage ain't to bad nor.
Old 03-01-12, 02:06 PM   #6
Nor

Nor is a jewel in the roughNor is a jewel in the roughNor is a jewel in the rough
It's pretty fecked. Damage to bonnet, roof, rear passenger door, rear wing. It's not massive damage to each panel, but bad enough. The bodywork was the one thing which was great on the car lol

Last edited by Nor; 03-01-12 at 02:09 PM.
Nor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-12, 02:31 PM   #7
Dav

Dav is on a distinguished road
Bad news mate No car damage, but the main high street where I live was shut because the fronts of two shops were blown on to the pavement and road below, luckily there were no injuries

AW04 HZG - My first love, in that scrapheap in the sky
SC54 FOU - The new bit, I'm in love again
Dav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-12, 05:19 PM   #8
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Nor - that's not good.

I remember being here in 1990 when we had a really bad storm, I saw a couple of lorries lose their roofs on the motorway and then came home to listern to slates sliding off the roof.

Thankfully it's not so bad but we lost a fence panel before christmas and another one went today and Mrs TC has retrived our dusbin from across the road twice.
Old 03-01-12, 05:27 PM   #9
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
Sorry to hear your motor got skelped Nor,(will Insurance cover it)
I had to work in it today and it was the worst wind Ive ever worked through
Ive got a Garden like a war zone now with fence down,shed obliterated and some roof tiles off.
I tried to get through to insurance company but it's just a nightmare to get through &
They have a prerecorded message saying Fences, outbuildings etc are not covered by bad weather.
. Bollocks..
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-12, 05:48 PM   #10
Nor

Thanks for the nice comments. Most important thing is that it's only a car and nobody was hurt, could have easily been another story if the timing was different. Here's some pics of the damage. The bonnet doesn't look quite as bad in the pics, but the centre section is pretty caved in, as well as the puncture hole.