theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 27-01-14, 08:28 PM   #1
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
Insurance

Its that time of year again for me...The Zeds insurance runs out next month, so the renewal turned up in the post today................................

I was shocked to see how much they wanted.

Last year my quote was £386, this year...£598!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus looking through small print, although its a renewal so they have all my details, they want to charge me £30 admin fee for setting up my policy.

So straight on to the pc and now got him insured for same cover for £299.....

Do they think that you dont check your renewal?
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-14, 08:33 PM   #2
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
That's exactly what they think, a surprising number of people just renew without shopping round.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-14, 08:37 PM   #3
Cally180

Cally180 is on a distinguished road
I think they know they are doing it. You will usually get hit with a dearer renewal, just chancing it. Hoping the few that don't shop about just take it, and if you do shop about they tend to come in with a better price, and you stick with them that way.

I've been with elephant for a good few years but a couple of times they tried it, shopped about told them and they matched or beating it.
Cally180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-14, 08:51 PM   #4
adam

adam has a spectacular aura aboutadam has a spectacular aura about
I've been with Adrian Flux for years now, every time at renewal I get quoted lower elsewhere AF matched it and reduced by a smaller amount.
Old 27-01-14, 08:57 PM   #5
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
I had that happen once, rang up my insurance company, told them ID found a cheaper quote and they went hold on..........came back with a cheaper quote, funny thing was the two companies were both owned by the same holding company...

Also the other rub, I noticed my renewal added all the "extras" I ddint want last year back on!!! Do they think Im stupid. If I didnt want them last year why would I want them this year?
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-14, 07:03 AM   #6
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Insururance do it, but the worst are the AA i think.

Every year they force me to ring them up and request the discount that the end of the phone people offer, as when they do that it is funnily enough within a £5 of the cover i can get from other companies... it can be a real pain when your are busy though to have to go through the hassle!
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-14, 10:14 AM   #7
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Not just insurance, I'm with the RAC, had a letter saying they were going to take £££ out of my account for the coming year.

Checked around and found the AA same cover, was £95, about £25 cheaper.

Rung up the RAC and told them I was cancelling, and dont take my money.

Guess what?? Guy asked why, "AA cheaper", we will price match that, he said. As I had the new card I renewed with the RAC.

But does leave a bad taste in the mouth.

Thats a new trick they have started, get your bank details and automatically renew next year. They do have to let you know, but we are all busy doing things. Think thats what they rely on!!!