AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 29-11-10, 02:01 PM   #1
Stiggers

Stiggers is on a distinguished road
Thinking of moving from the ZR to the ZS fold

Hello everyone,

Been a member on here quite a while as always loved the ZS but have had a ZR since Oct 2007. I used to be on themgzr.co.uk and Xpower forums fairly frequently as MartZR but not been on there much recently. The reason being I have had my ZR off the road for most of this year as not really needed it living in central Manchester without a parking space, I did think about selling up but decided to keep it in the end until I knew for definite if I would be moving again or not. I am moving again, still in the centre but with a parking space and am quite tempted to take advantage of the relatively cheap prices the ZS seems to be going for at the moment. Ideally I would be looking at the MK2 180 as the difference in tax and insurance compared to my ZR 120 over the year isn?t too great. This will be something I will most likely be looking to do in January or February. In the meantime I am trying to do as much research as possible and get to know any issues and things to look out for when buying etc.

Just wanted to know your guy?s opinions on what price range I should be looking at and things to look out for during test drives/inspections etc. Also how much a year should I be budgeting for servicing/maintenance etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Stiggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-10, 02:20 PM   #2
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Hi Stiggers and

Mk2 180's seem to go from ?1000, up to ?4,500, depends on condition and how quick they want to sell them.

I've got a derv but picked up from on here that its best to have the belts done, age and miles means they are all due by now. Prices for getting the belts done range from ?500 to ?900, so best search on here to see the best people to do them.

Power and vis motors need checking easy fix but make the cars run awful if not right. Plastic manifold needs checking, as well as the clutch, as its plastic it tends to go.

Stamford has done a guide on the 180, which will be a great help for you.

http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=11254

http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=11255

Hope you sort out a good one.

Last edited by peterzs; 29-11-10 at 02:25 PM.
peterzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-10, 02:20 PM   #3
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Bobdope2002 is on a distinguished road
you can come and buy mine for 2.5k if ya like
Bobdope2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-10, 02:53 PM   #4
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
was thinking of yours Tim!

anyway, it's a buyers market out there. You won't be disappointed.
Old 29-11-10, 03:26 PM   #5
caled

caled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nice
Id double check the insurance in the centre of manchester, mate. Im in an M14 postcode and the insurance is an absolute nightmare.
Old 29-11-10, 03:29 PM   #6
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

the joys of being 25 mine will come down from ?800 odd to ?500 if the zed doesnt sell
Old 29-11-10, 04:10 PM   #7
caled

caled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nice
Im 26, and my premium just went up substantially. And Im in manchester. urgh.
Old 29-11-10, 04:33 PM   #8
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

i live in the middle of no where realy probs why it so cheap
Old 29-11-10, 04:59 PM   #9
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
welcome!
Old 29-11-10, 06:15 PM   #10
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Welcome ....

Plenty out there.

Personally - I wouldn't pay any more than ?2,500 for a Mk2 and that would have had belts done for that too.

Shame you don't fancy one now. Spectre on XPF is selling his still I think, and it's a Monogram example with alcantara and in good nick - belts done and he only wants ?2,100 for it. I'd rip his hand off if I was in the market.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote