theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 03-11-10, 03:42 PM   #1
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
insurance

Well after lots of conversations with people about insurance it is that time of year again.

Got my renewal through from A-plan (markerstudy) and it has jumped ?100 to ?669.

Rang up sky using the .org discount and if i take the policy out today they will waive the arrangement fee to get the business for ?625 otherwise it comes in at ?671..... excess of ?300 on that.... (and protected no claims and hire car etc)

who else is there to try.. Chris Knott and Adrian Flux are the only other modified people that spring to mind... any one else got any i need to ring?
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-10, 03:47 PM   #2
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Try greenlight they were cheapest for me on the 180. Will email you their best price first time.

Do chris Knott last as they will always try and beat your cheapest quote.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-10, 04:01 PM   #3
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
i knew there was another one.. thanks Jay....

jobs for tomorrow at least...

just got an email from a mate who is rather upset that my car is still cheaper to insure than his pug 306 diesel is.....
Dieselpowered
AMW Motorsports
Old 03-11-10, 04:03 PM   #4
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Also might be worth trying the one that sponsors the mgs on track , Peter something I think.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 03-11-10, 04:04 PM   #5
p_b82
Site Supporter

that'll be Peter Best i think.... another good call...
Dieselpowered
AMW Motorsports
Old 03-11-10, 04:07 PM   #6
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Yer thats it just done a google and seems thats only standard classic MGs.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 03-11-10, 04:17 PM   #7
p_b82
Site Supporter

you done a bit of searching, they will do all MG's but it requires to havea 10k mileage limit... i can do 1000 miles in a week if i get sent on the 'wrong' job so can't have summit with that low a maximum mileage, unless i start to drive the GF's car...

reminds me... i need to make sure that all the other policy's give me automatic 3rd party cover on any other vehicle, and not just for emergency usage only.
Dieselpowered
AMW Motorsports
Old 04-11-10, 07:59 AM   #8
tcb 180

tcb 180 will become famous soon enough
Try them all. You will find a huge saving somewhere. I got a traders policy at the moment but rac were best offer for me a few years back. About ?230 I think with mods declared. (i am in my 50's with max ncb).
tcb 180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-10, 09:27 AM   #9
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I originally had a quote from Greenlight back in July, that price went up by nearly ?180 when revised recently, only downside is their first payment is huge. I got a quote from Adrian Flux and it was considerably cheaper and was more affordable, so they got my business and the conditions were very good with all mods declared and covered like for like.

Always check the small print as no two insurers offer the same deal or terms and conditions. It seems just about every policy has shot up this year regardless of your current ncb status.
Old 04-11-10, 01:07 PM   #10
p_b82
Site Supporter

the thing i do not like about Adrian Flux (or HIC) is that the underwritters can be a real pain to claim the money back in the case of an accident.

I know of 3 cases personally where they refused to shell out for market price of the vehicle. As such i am wary to put any business their way.

So far Greenlight have offered me under ?500 for fully comp protected no claims...

just Chris Knott to try but they have not picked up the phone yet today....
Dieselpowered
AMW Motorsports