theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 19-07-15, 05:09 PM   #1
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Eurostar and the MGZS.

Those that have travelled on the Eurostar with your ZS or another vehicle, how was getting on and off the train?

I'm going in two weeks time and wondered if I was perhaps a little low.
My front splitter is off for clearance but I was worried I'd be too low.
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-15, 05:55 PM   #2
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillen View Post
Those that have travelled on the Eurostar with your ZS or another vehicle, how was getting on and off the train?

I'm going in two weeks time and wondered if I was perhaps a little low.
My front splitter is off for clearance but I was worried I'd be too low.
Eurostar is the high speed passanger train, euro tunnel is the under channel vehicle transport.

I have used it twice, once in a hired dawoo saloon bucket and once I think in the espace. Both were horrible experiences but IIRC ground clearance isn't a problem in a regular car.

If I were you I'd give them a ring and ask.

Ferries aren't any better but I much prefer them for travel.
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-15, 06:11 PM   #3
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
Eurostar is the high speed passanger train, euro tunnel is the under channel vehicle transport.

I have used it twice, once in a hired dawoo saloon bucket and once I think in the espace. Both were horrible experiences but IIRC ground clearance isn't a problem in a regular car.

If I were you I'd give them a ring and ask.

Ferries aren't any better but I much prefer them for travel.
Ahh it's the tunnel I'm using then lol.
Thought it was one and the same!
Just a couple people mentioned to the other half it may be difficult lowered on the upper section. Maybe I can try and request the lower deck :/
Old 19-07-15, 07:24 PM   #4
R8NMG

R8NMG will become famous soon enough
It is the Eurotunnel Le Shuttle that carries vehicles through the tunnel. I used it about 15 years ago in my old Rover 214 wedge shape which was lowered and that didn't have any problem at all. A standard ZS shouldn't have a problem I guess.
R8NMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-15, 08:00 PM   #5
Skillen

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8NMG View Post
It is the Eurotunnel Le Shuttle that carries vehicles through the tunnel. I used it about 15 years ago in my old Rover 214 wedge shape which was lowered and that didn't have any problem at all. A standard ZS shouldn't have a problem I guess.
It's on coilovers but not drastically low.

I watched a couple of videos and the upper deck looks like it'll scrape a little but I'll manage.
I'm thinking just ask for bottom deck.

Last edited by Skillen; 19-07-15 at 08:10 PM.
Old 19-07-15, 08:22 PM   #6
adam

adam has a spectacular aura aboutadam has a spectacular aura about
The tunnel is fantastic for crossing the channel, you'll be fine in a lowered car as long as it's not scraping the ground. Just take it slow.
Old 20-07-15, 06:12 PM   #7
mattyprice4004

mattyprice4004 has a spectacular aura aboutmattyprice4004 has a spectacular aura about
I went on it years ago, but looked like there'd be no problems for anything low.
mattyprice4004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-15, 01:15 PM   #8
Sean-2k

Sean-2k is on a distinguished road
Just a heads up the last few weeks they have been shutting the m20 for operation stack as the French are on strike so check before you leave and allow plenty of time for your journey if it is in place as the Aroads are basically at a stand still due to congestion I live in ashford and it's just causing chaos
Sean-2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-15, 03:54 PM   #9
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Best bet is to use the A2/M2 towards Dover and then drop down towards Folkstone.

The Calais ferry terminal workers are striking a lot at the moment and everytime they strike someone sets lights to a pile of tyres at the entrence to the channel tunnel causing it to be shut.
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-15, 04:16 PM   #10
Skillen

Thanks both.
Luckily we have a place to stay near Folkestone the night before so will make it a bit easier for us but I will check the reports before hand.
We have an early train so getting up earlier may be the key.