theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 17-04-08, 12:09 AM   #1
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
Interesting trip home the other night

A post on another site has just reminded me about an entertaining trip back from StAndrews the other night.

I had just pulled onto the motorway behind an Astra estate that had been driving me nuts for miles driving like a wally (you know the type, 10mph below the speed limit, braking for EVERY corner ect) so sitting in 5th I pull out and start to go past at a steady speed. I get about level and the wally speeds up... so I speed up a bit and get level again... and he does it again!

I was a bit miffed by this point as getting quicker and still not getting anywhere so I push on and *just* get past as he pull out behind me, litrally mm off my bumper

Do the usual tap on the brakes, no response. Tap the brake and the fogs - I get a full beam back. Shame wally features was so close I couldn't actually see them!

So anyway now sitting at a more respectable 70ish passing a line of traffic, wally still glued to my back end and not getting the hint we reach the end of the line and before I could even think of moving over the Astra almost takes the front off a lorry trying to undertake me... did he not see the V6 badge? Let him get alongside, my girlfriend gives him a little wave as I drop to 4th and leave him totally standing

The end of the story? Oh no!

About 10 mins later he finally catches up as I'm overtaking another line of traffic. On come the full beams again. By this point I'm royally hacked off and decide to have a bit of fun with him. I move over and every time he gets level I scoot forward a little bit then drop back again. Then joy a line of about 7 lorries doing 50 up a hill... so I cruise past them at about... ooo.. 51.5 mph?

Even on the Forth Bridge where traffic was heavy (and it's a 50 zone) he was still there, full beams on glued to my bumper not getting even a slight hint to back off.

Best part? He was going to take the next junction but was so busy trying to annoy me he got totally boxed in between me and 3 other cars! I nearly crashed laughing

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"

Last edited by Maxxed_Ross; 17-04-08 at 12:22 AM.
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-08, 12:21 AM   #2
dave87

dave87 is on a distinguished road
i would edit ur post if i were u
dave87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-08, 12:22 AM   #3
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
better?

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-08, 07:37 AM   #4
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
It does make you wonder what makes some people tick. If that were me I would have stopped and got out, can't be arsed with knobs like that.
Old 17-04-08, 09:05 AM   #5
arwilson80
Founding Members

arwilson80 is on a distinguished road
Luckily it wasn't the police...

I just let them go on their own merry way TBH. Having fun with them is more hassle than it's worth, and knowing my luck i'd end up with more PP's.

"People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people. Drive only with proper protection."
"You should try one. It's bloody good" - Jeremy Clarkson (commenting after driving a ZS180)
"Fines are a tax for doing bad, Taxes are a fine for doing good" - Unknown
GPS - Because guys don't know how to ask directions

MG ZS 180
3.5L V6 Ford Taurus
2.7L V6 EcoBoost Ford F150 4x4
arwilson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-08, 09:10 AM   #6
Andyf

Andyf is on a distinguished road
I don't know what is wrong with people, I especially hate it when someone pulls out in front of you or cuts you up and when you flash or toot them rather than apologise they swear at you! At least you had the V6 so made him look like a chump when he tried to pass. Oh, and missing his exit is pure class!
Old 17-04-08, 12:16 PM   #7
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I had some gimp try and carve me up exiting a large round-a-bout onto a motorway. I forced him onto the chevrons, he blazed his horn and lights as if I was in the wrong. I promptly stopped, opened my door, he also stopped and got out walking up to my car. I gave him the bird and drove off leaving the **** standing there in the fast lane being giving stick by the cars behind him, I pissed myself laughing!

Another time I was being given hassle by some bellend on a dual carriageway, he wouldn't back off. I knew we were coming up to a contra-flow system, 2 lanes into one etc..................I nipped in at the last minute and all I could see was a heap of tyre smoke and all the traffic cones leaping up into the air, he hit the wall of cones.................bye bye
Old 17-04-08, 12:56 PM   #8
arwilson80
Founding Members

arwilson80 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Another time I was being given hassle by some bellend on a dual carriageway, he wouldn't back off. I knew we were coming up to a contra-flow system, 2 lanes into one etc..................I nipped in at the last minute and all I could see was a heap of tyre smoke and all the traffic cones leaping up into the air, he hit the wall of cones.................bye bye

"People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people. Drive only with proper protection."
"You should try one. It's bloody good" - Jeremy Clarkson (commenting after driving a ZS180)
"Fines are a tax for doing bad, Taxes are a fine for doing good" - Unknown
GPS - Because guys don't know how to ask directions

MG ZS 180
3.5L V6 Ford Taurus
2.7L V6 EcoBoost Ford F150 4x4
arwilson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-08, 01:07 PM   #9
Zedhead

Zedhead is on a distinguished road
I have to say since owning my ZS I have noticed that everyone wants to try and have a go

I had a clio before and never really got many people at all wanting to race/play but the ZS does attract a lot of attention from the have-a-go drivers on the road!!
Zedhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-08, 01:50 PM   #10
Andyf

Andyf is on a distinguished road
We did a similar thing to you at work Stamford, we had closed a slip road for a crashed car to be recovered and this bloke about 4 cars back got out and walked over to our car. We shouted at him to get back in his car as it isn't safe to walk around he argued with us and then got in his car. Afew minutes later he was out again, just as recover had finished, so my crewmate said, "watch this i'll make him look a t***" waited till he got to our car then sped off leaving him to run back to his car which was now blocking the other motorists!