AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-08-09, 09:05 AM   #1
will-w

will-w is on a distinguished road
Another brilliant bit of service from the AA

I know there has been some debate recently about which breakdown service is best, and I'd just like to share my tale of great service I just had!

08:00 - Got in the car this morning to come home from work. Car was a complete mare to start, on the 3rd time I got lucky.
08:30 - Arrived in Ashford, ready to get some diesel and then head home.
08:35 - Got stuck behind what I thought was a smelly old BMW running rather richly
08:40 - Got to the Shell garage and put £10 worth of diesel in (am changing fuel filter tomorrow, so didn't see much point putting more in now)
08:45 - Came out of the kiosk to find a rather large pool of diesel under the front of my car... I won't repeat what I said just incase there are kiddies reading!
08:50 - Pushed my car out of the way (managing to spill £5 worth of diesel in the process) and called the AA. Spoke to a very nice lass, who actually seemed to know something about cars (or at least MG's)!
09:10 - AA man arrived. Briefed him of what happened, he had a quick look, walked back to his van and got a wee bit of pipe out.
09:15 - All fixed (temporarily) and I set off home.

25 minutes from calling the AA, to being on my way home again.. Can't fault them in the slightest!

I won't pretend to know exactly what happened, as I don't... But I do (now) know that the pipes bringing diesel back from the injectors (overflow pipes or something) have perished rather badly, and as a result acted as a high pressure diesel water pistols!

I am so glad that I don't have a petrol, as it would have surely gone up in flames with petrol being thrown all over a very hot engine!!!

Sorry for my rather large story, I am tired and have been up for 18 hours, so am now off to bed!

Night!

Derv power baby!

will-w is offline   Reply With Quote