AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-05-10, 06:09 PM   #1
Flocka

Flocka is on a distinguished road
Issue with the Zed :-(

Right, I'm not mechnically minded so when it comes to anything more than the very basics under the bonnet, I'm not a lot of use. Sunday, during the blistering heat, the car ran out of coolant (my own fault for not checking it regularly enough) and broke down by the side of the road. Luckily no problems, once the water got running round the engine again it was fine. But something's happened to my idle speed - not sure if it's related or not, but only noticed it after Sunday. The ZS is meant to idle on 1000 revs, all the while I've had it it's been perfect and smooth on the dot, but now it will idle on 1200 when cold, and around 850 when warm. I thought it was a problem with the timing, but it's not as simple as that apparently - took it to the local garage and they had a look, they reckon it's a fuel management issue - either the fuel filter, fuel pump or something else that I can't remember related to it. He reckoned the fuel filter looked like it needed changing, so I've booked it in in a few weeks to get it changed. I just hope it's not the pump, they reckoned they're an expensive bit of kit and I don't really have the money to spend.

Does this sound right to you guys? (It's a MK1 03 plate 1.8 Saloon btw).
Flocka is offline   Reply With Quote