AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-03-12, 03:24 PM   #1
KirkJames

KirkJames will become famous soon enough
Need some help!!

Right. For a while now, I have been saying I must get a 'new' lead and spade connector for the starter motor. Well, went out last night and........nothing. That's ok I thought, I will crimp the spade and have a play about, which I have done before........Nothing!!
So used the missus' car last night and today I was going to top up my gearbox oil. So I tried it again and all I got was a very rapid ticking and a smell of eggs (I have a decat). I did a search on here and read it could be battery related. So got the missus' car and jump started it. Hey presto, life at last.
Let it run for a while to charge up, turned it off and tried to restart........................... Nothing!!!

Now does this sound like my battery is completely knackered or starter motor related. I wouldn't of thought it was an earth point as it started when jumped.
The lights and everything still work and all the normal dash lights come on and the fuel pump starts up etc.

Can anyone enlighten me? If I do need another battery which ones can I get (ZS 180), I wanted to pick one up from a scrappy as cash is very tight till the end of the month when I will be able to get a new one.

Thanks all,

Kirk.
KirkJames is offline   Reply With Quote