theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-13, 03:38 PM   #1
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Simple jobs that weren't...

So, today I've spent about 3 hours wresting with an aircon pipe, that runs from the bulkhead down the left of the engine to the front near the compressor. The pipe mysteriously disappeared after I had the engine replaced.

Got a replacement off Sam, IIRC, probably about a year ago thats been in the boot ever since. Only required 2 bolts doing up but was a right ball ache.

Tried alsorts of angles to feed it in then on about the 4th attempt got it in place only to find there was a dowel left on the pipe as well as one on my compressor. So had to take it out and drill the rusted dowel out and try again. Then was a nightmare to fit to the compressor as there was no room to get to it.

Finally managed to bolt it up arms are torn to bits but its in. Now to get it recharged.

Did however also fix the wiper, fitted a replacement motor and its the quietest its ever been

So what jobs had you done on your zed that should have been a simple task that turned out to be a nightmare?

2012 BMW 320d Sport

Last edited by Jay-ZS+; 08-07-13 at 04:19 PM.
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote