theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-04-14, 11:27 AM   #17
mattyprice4004

mattyprice4004 has a spectacular aura aboutmattyprice4004 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by redzed View Post
Thanks for the reply, look forward to hearing from you,
Aha, I now have the answer as to what's been going on - my apologies it's taken so long, but we're getting there.
Unfortunately the item was lost for a while as it wasn't sent with a reference or details - when I managed to identify yours I found the 4x small metal clips holding the transistors to the heatsink were missing.

I've been waiting for another completely dead pack to arrive in the hope I'll be told to keep it by the owner if it's not repairable - I can then use the 4x clips from that pack on yours. I think that's why it failed after you soldered the 2x transistors in - the clips are important as they clamp the transistors to the heatsink for effective heat transfer, and without them they'll overheat very quickly.

If anyone has a knackered transistor pack that they've replaced or is unrepairable, I'd happily pay for postage for the 4x metal clips so I can sort this pack out for you - and of course there would be no charge due to length of time it's been.

My communication could have been much better I admit - I hope my offer above goes some way to mitigating the length of time it's taken.
mattyprice4004 is offline   Reply With Quote