theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Cars For Sale

Old 17-08-10, 03:00 PM   #1
nath86

nath86 is on a distinguished road
Mk1 180

Well after a few day discussion with the missis the mg is up for sale.
The reason being is that i have just bought an ubber rare GENUINE 420 gsi turbo and dont need another performance car due to insurance cost and mpg etc. I have been looking for a genuine 420 gsi turbo for a while and as many of you know they are few and far between with the right spec owner and history and this one came up at the right price with the right owner etc. So the sacrifice is the 180 to get something more practical for the missis and the kids to use for shopping and school runs and everyday use while i plough my money into the 420 tubz

I know i haven’t owned her long but she has given me just under 2k miles of trouble free motoring. Since i bought her i have treated her to an oil and filter change and changed all 6 spark plugs with new platinum ones and done the sheddist vis repair. Also changed the rear number plate and done some work to the front bumper due to cracked splitter, iv given her lots of elbow grease and tlc and it shows from when i bought her to how she is today, the only mods which i have done myself are xpower green painted calipers, laguna splitter, and the straights sprayed gloss black.
Now the important bits, It has mot until mid june, tax until end of October, nearly 70k on the clock, the belts were changed in 2007 at around 47k due to cambelt failure with a top end overhaul costing just over 2000 grand which i do have the receipt for, so plenty of miles and years left on the current belts. A new exhaust for mot and 2 new tyres which were the only advisory’s on the mot. The bad bits are it has a ding above the rear light on the osr quater with about a 3 inch scratch through the middle, (didnt bother me when i bought her) a few scuffs on front and rear bumpers and a few age related marks here and there which is to be expected for the age, one more thing the nsf foglight is in my shed due to being cracked so i took it out as i was planning on using the hole for a cold air feed when i got around to fitting an induction kit (i still have the fog light and the original bracket is still bolted to the bumper). Trying to be honest but all in all an excellent car which has no rattles and runs extremely well (this is my 3rd so i wouldn’t of bought one with all the common faults)
but if anyone has a nice 120+ saloon or diesel i may swap if you want but im looking for around the ?1600 mark which i think is right due to the current market
Here are some piccys

Last edited by nath86; 17-08-10 at 03:14 PM.
nath86 is offline   Reply With Quote