theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 01-03-12, 08:58 AM   #11
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheelay View Post

These threads are good until the derv boys get here!!
I'll keep quite, after the SDi's I just fill up and dont worry about the mpg, in case I have a shock.

peterzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-12, 02:35 PM   #12
CyrixDes

CyrixDes is on a distinguished road
I dont know if anyone else has noticed but my 180 varies hugely between what petrol I put in. This is over several fill ups and driving the car in the same way on the same roads and same commute, I have found that with sainsburys fuel I was getting a disappointing 250 - 260 miles a tank and with our local jet I get 280 - 290 a tank? Is always steered clear of supermarket fuel in the past but as my commute changed it suited me to go to sainsburys as the only petrol station on my route. Odd because you would think it all came from the same refineries? Has anybody else found this?
CyrixDes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-12, 06:06 PM   #13
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Which grade of fuel are you using?

I've been using Sainsburys super (97ron) for a while but had to fill up at a BP that only had regular, I seemed to go from about 22 mpg to 25 mpg on that tank full which I put down to it being a long journey on single carrageway A roads, I did try 3 tanks of Sainsburys regular and the average dropped to just over 20 mpg but I did manage 29mpg running up to Stanstead on 95ron.

On the trip to Stoneleigh I used Sainsburys 97 ron and managed 28 mpg on a spirited run.

I've been using fuelly.com to record my consumption -
http://www.fuelly.com/driver/talkingcars/zs

Last edited by talkingcars; 02-03-12 at 06:08 PM. Reason: correcting figures
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-12, 07:00 PM   #14
CyrixDes

CyrixDes is on a distinguished road
Thats bog standard 95 fuel mate from both Jet and Sainsburys. Those mileage quotes are based on approx a 10 gallon fill up so if I can get 280 im pretty comfortable at 28 mpg, its when its dropping to 240 - 250 that I have issues! Lets face it though as im lucky enough to commute along winding country lanes and driving in a somewhat spirited fashion I shouldnt be too unhappy at 280 I guess!

I was just intrigued at how different retailers fuel seemed to give me such a difference of 30 miles a tank, which is nearly 10% based on those figures?
CyrixDes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-12, 09:21 PM   #15
Nobrainer

Nobrainer has a spectacular aura aboutNobrainer has a spectacular aura about
I think you could easily get that much variance over a tank. My Octavia (which is the only car I have stats for) will give anywhere from 28 to 38 mpg with an average of 33. Though the driving style varies quite a bit.
Nobrainer is offline   Reply With Quote