theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 19-03-13, 08:11 PM   #11
shycho

shycho is a jewel in the roughshycho is a jewel in the roughshycho is a jewel in the roughshycho is a jewel in the rough
I spoke to a halfords garage just last week and they said as long as the original MOT hasn't expired you can still drive around.

So if you took it in a month before the MOT was due to expiry and it failed, you could still drive it around for the remainder of the month, according to them.
shycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-13, 09:06 PM   #12
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
You would still have a valid mot but if a cars failed a mot it shouldnt be on the road
Old 19-03-13, 09:15 PM   #13
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
If you fail that's it. You've failed. You can only take it to and from. Police have access to the mot database now and if stopped you'd get fined if they wanted to.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-13, 09:19 PM   #14
M17TT180

M17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by shycho View Post
I spoke to a halfords garage just last week and they said as long as the original MOT hasn't expired you can still drive around.

So if you took it in a month before the MOT was due to expiry and it failed, you could still drive it around for the remainder of the month, according to them.
There is your problem right there!
M17TT180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-13, 07:01 AM   #15
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
It seems it is now correct, it was a rumour for quite some time but now appears that if you book it in early and it fails you lose the remainder of the MOT. I have always booked it in within the last week, never saw the point of doing it weeks early, if it fails, it fails. Besides the MOT test is not 100% foolproof as no two garages highlight the same failures. I have proof of items that should have been picked up that were not.
Old 20-03-13, 02:36 PM   #16
bowthruster

bowthruster has a spectacular aura aboutbowthruster has a spectacular aura about
Hi i rang my Mot station up and it is right the old MOT is cancelled out as soon as you have a new test.But ive booked it in for tomorrow and there going to get it on the ramps and look for this bloody noise for me,all for nothing!And have booked it in for the MOT next thursday.Cheers
Work safe, and remember all technical problems can be resolved with a hammer, the trick is knowing where to hit it and how big a hammer to use (I often find it may also help to have a spare bit in the shed to replace the bit you have just mullered
bowthruster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-13, 07:47 PM   #17
Noobrider

Noobrider will become famous soon enough
Plus as of today there are new things added to the MOT...ALL dashboard lights still lit with the engine running (except MIL) are a failure. Plus there are a few other additions...can't remember them all but one is if the High beam light doesn't illuminate thats a failure too.

Our website: http://www.maxtedsgarage.co.uk

Friend us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/maxtedandsons.garage
Noobrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-13, 07:53 PM   #18
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
If you fail that's it. You've failed. You can only take it to and from. Police have access to the mot database now and if stopped you'd get fined if they wanted to.
Dan, does the MOT flag up on the ANPR? the reason i ask is Tanya hadnt checked the mot on her old car and it ran over 2 weeks and she never had a pull for it despite 40 miles a day with police behind her ect
Old 20-03-13, 08:20 PM   #19
bowthruster

bowthruster has a spectacular aura aboutbowthruster has a spectacular aura about
As far as i know,it would of flagged up as soon as it expired.The mot tester was saying all these new bits being added to the test,the info they get is,its to bring us inline with europeEvery year more stupid things added....
Work safe, and remember all technical problems can be resolved with a hammer, the trick is knowing where to hit it and how big a hammer to use (I often find it may also help to have a spare bit in the shed to replace the bit you have just mullered
bowthruster is offline   Reply With Quote