theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Cars For Sale

Old 23-07-13, 09:57 PM   #11
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
For sale is my early mk1 ZS180 saloon in trophy yellow.

Externally the car is standard (except for the cut out on the rear exhaust).
Internally the car has been updated with a mk2 interior excluding dash.
Mechanically the car is standard except the brakes.
The MOT expires at the end of December.
This was my daily driver until I bought the mk2, the only reason really that it is for sale.
The mileage is 120k (I bought the car at 56k just over 5 years ago).

There are a few positives and a few negatives.

The front discs are groved.
The rears are standard.
Pads are EBC yellow stuff all round.
The rear calipers were brand new 2 years ago.
N/S front caliper was a refurbished one last December.
O/S front caliper was rebuilt by my garage last year.

A new fuel pump was fitted in the spring.

In April I fitted new spark plugs, HT leads and pollen filter.

I have fitted a Rover 800 interior light which lights up the back seats, there is also wiring for a MGF rear veiw mirror.

I fitted electric rear windows 4 years ago.

Tax until January is available at cost.

Unfortunatly she isn't perfect, if you look closely there are a few age related marks but you have to look for them. 3 of the handles are failing but I will supply replacments that I was spraying up to fit, you can also have the paint.

The engine is the original and runs fine but does leak oil, I suspect this is one of the pipes to the oil cooler. The belts will be due next year.

I will be removing the duplex exhaust (unless you want to pay £400 extra for it) which will obviously leave an empty cut out - sorry.

I moved the battery to the boot 3 years ago to fit a modified induction, however it currently has the standard filter (link pipe and resonator box are in the boot.

I have transfered the standard speakers to my mk2 so currently there are no speakers, however I will through in the infineties that came out of the mk2. There is wiring for a sub.

The tyres are legal but the centres for the wheels were removed and ditched due to one rattling.

I'm sure there is more but at the mo I can't think of it.

I would like £600 but will consider offers, especially if you are willing to take the car before I finish putting back the interior and exhaust.

If I could I'd be keeping her and sticking in a T16 but I already have the maestro, don't have the space or the time.

Finally she is fitted with a Sheddist.
Old 24-07-13, 06:15 AM   #12
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Headlights replaced with new ones last year, they are fitted with Phillips blue lighter bulbs which give a whiter brighter light than O/E, side and number plate bulb are LED.
Old 10-08-13, 04:58 PM   #13
talkingcars

The above should say Rover 45 headlights and new bulbs.......

Also the interior is now back in.

I'll negotiate on the tax if it sells the car.