AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 29-08-13, 08:58 AM   #31
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
In answer to your specific question - No.

However mine have all been standard and I've yet to be challenged with issues that you have - so I understand the sentiment.

Get a banger's a good call and put the zed on the back-burner for a while. Guy on .org's selling a monogram 120 for pennies and if you've got some more, another guy's got a very nice clio sport for £1500.

Saying that - got a good engine if you want one .....
Not this one by any chance is it Dan? http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=546362

Hope you sort the ZS out. Buying that Clio is the best thing I ever did. I got it to use while my ZS was off the road having a full rebuild so I could take my time and do the ZS slowly and properly. I'm in relatively unknown territory with mine too as I'm running a VNT turbo on the L series in the search for a 50 mpg ZS 180 :P.

If it will help a fellow ZS nut out then I'd love to sell the Clio to someone who will use it for what I had it for. Be warned though, you might not want your 180 back, they are such fun little cars!
Old 29-08-13, 05:16 PM   #32
big_wasa

big_wasa has a spectacular aura aboutbig_wasa has a spectacular aura about
I regret buying my charger and not having the plumbs to at least have a go.

Doesn't matter what way you look at it, the kv6 is to fragile to tune.
big_wasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-13, 05:19 PM   #33
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS Phil View Post
Not this one by any chance is it Dan? http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=546362

Hope you sort the ZS out. Buying that Clio is the best thing I ever did. I got it to use while my ZS was off the road having a full rebuild so I could take my time and do the ZS slowly and properly. I'm in relatively unknown territory with mine too as I'm running a VNT turbo on the L series in the search for a 50 mpg ZS 180 :P.

If it will help a fellow ZS nut out then I'd love to sell the Clio to someone who will use it for what I had it for. Be warned though, you might not want your 180 back, they are such fun little cars!

Yep - that's the one !

Your ZS in the photo of the Clio looks great though pal. As for the Clio - always fancied one and was a gnat's **** away from buying one once upon a time, but decided against it as the Mrs had a scenic and I didn't want to go double French.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-13, 05:44 PM   #34
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged_Z View Post
you dont need anything other than forged pistons. Then go down the DTA S80 and bigger injectors. £2.5k would more than cover that.

the bottom end going was random, I wonder if when you had the front ender it did just touch and stop the cam pulley briefly ? I would imagine it must be something to do with the accident

The beauty with DTA at least is it has a great resale value, compared to any other custom KV6 bits
Ross has the right idea here.

You need to speak to drew. Has already done this and got it running and the cost would be well under 2.5k!
You don't need anymore forged bit in that bottom end, just a hone and new rings depending on the pistons being ok??

Never once regretted owning my charged Zs and I lost money on it , same as Ross who prob had more to do with them more than most!

I still watch and listen to mine screaming its way to redline :-)))

P.
Old 29-08-13, 05:48 PM   #35
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_wasa View Post
I regret buying my charger and not having the plumbs to at least have a go.

Doesn't matter what way you look at it, the kv6 is to fragile to tune.
Slap those hands! :-))

I would buy one tomz at the right price cough!

Red mk2 charged not far from me but guy wants daft money for it.

P.
Old 29-08-13, 06:03 PM   #36
ZRed

ZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the rough
£2.5k will struggle and I stand by that. What`s an s80 these days? £900 ish? A Loom for it £200? A days mapping a good £300 at least. Forged pistons, a set of 4 usually £600 ish depending on spec and availability, so 6 is gonna be a custom order I`d say lets say £800 for arguments sake. Injectors £200 - £300? Theres £2500 spent and you`ve a pile of parts sitting on the kitchen worktop.
Old 29-08-13, 06:33 PM   #37
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
If his forged pistons are ok then all is good, bigger injectors are not hard Drew used very special ones easily available for not a lot.

S80, loom and map. I am sure drew would pass a KV6 Map on, which means it needs tweekeng on rollers for the extra boost he runs. He can then also sell his piggy back ecu if its worth anything.

This car is not far from sorted (if pistons ok) just needs this, the only problem I see is you will lose a little drive ability imo.

Paul, is that red one the guy who wants 5k?
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-13, 07:39 PM   #38
foggy

foggy is on a distinguished road
I have had my 180 for 7 years and touch wood its been the best car i have every had. To date i have only replaced the inlet manifold and thermostat and she has done 156000 miles. Other than wear a tear i love it :-)
foggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-13, 08:26 PM   #39
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Yep - that's the one !

Your ZS in the photo of the Clio looks great though pal. As for the Clio - always fancied one and was a gnat's **** away from buying one once upon a time, but decided against it as the Mrs had a scenic and I didn't want to go double French.
Cheers mate, that ZS has been a labour of love over the last 6 months. Its finally 99.9% finished just hope it drives as well as it looks!
The Clio went this afternoon, had so many messages about it! If you've never owned one you have to do it at some point. They are so much fun! Ive driven MGs since I passed my test 8 years ago and it was a bit of an eye opener really.
Not enough of an eye opener for me to shift the ZS though.

I need to get to work on a project thread, taken loads of pictures along the way.
Old 29-08-13, 09:35 PM   #40
sneekyparrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged_Z View Post
If his forged pistons are ok then all is good, bigger injectors are not hard Drew used very special ones easily available for not a lot.

S80, loom and map. I am sure drew would pass a KV6 Map on, which means it needs tweekeng on rollers for the extra boost he runs. He can then also sell his piggy back ecu if its worth anything.

This car is not far from sorted (if pistons ok) just needs this, the only problem I see is you will lose a little drive ability imo.

Paul, is that red one the guy who wants 5k?
Yep!
Guys in toy town expecting that sort of £££.
Nice looking car but seriously over priced.

P.