theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 12-11-13, 08:49 PM   #1
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by andys1981 View Post
im sure i read that the top half of the gauge doesnt go down as fast as the bottom half,dunno whether its true though,good results
Certainly has been true on any I have experienced. Best way I find to get an accurate mpg is reset trip and fill tank, when I next fill up note miles done and how many litres required to fill up. Those two figures and the mystical magic of maths (or an online calculator if you so wish) will tell you what you are managing.
Best I have is with the green ZS -37mpg iirc, was pleased enough with that and have no inclination to go out to beat that figure, if I do, I do
Old 12-11-13, 10:53 PM   #2
mattie007

mattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nice
200 seems good fir a V6! I seem to get about 250 at the halfway point on a motorway run then about 270 on the second half. Normal use I get about 210, then 240.
Old 16-11-13, 11:12 AM   #3
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
Certainly has been true on any I have experienced. Best way I find to get an accurate mpg is reset trip and fill tank, when I next fill up note miles done and how many litres required to fill up. Those two figures and the mystical magic of maths (or an online calculator if you so wish) will tell you what you are managing.
Best I have is with the green ZS -37mpg iirc, was pleased enough with that and have no inclination to go out to beat that figure, if I do, I do
www.fuelly.com does it all for you.