theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 12-02-14, 07:25 PM   #1
Roverload

Roverload is on a distinguished road
Yeh, I bought this, it's not the clocks. It's a thermostat. I'm only here because someone felt the need to pm me on another site trying to suggest that there was possibly something I didn't know about the car that I wouldn't like, then tried to sell me some clocks! Not very happy to be honest, bit of a shitty thing to do! Anyway, car is awesome. Very happy!
Roverload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-14, 07:45 PM   #2
pheelay

pheelay is a jewel in the roughpheelay is a jewel in the roughpheelay is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by deano9621 View Post
Found the build no for my zs 180...its the first one to be in sunspot yellowbuild no 1 yeah
Where on the car do you find the build number?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverload View Post
Anyway, car is awesome. Very happy!
Great buy and welcome to the site! You going to stick around? There's always room for more yellows around here
Old 12-02-14, 08:00 PM   #3
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Yeh, I bought this, it's not the clocks. It's a thermostat. I'm only here because someone felt the need to pm me on another site trying to suggest that there was possibly something I didn't know about the car that I wouldn't like, then tried to sell me some clocks! Not very happy to be honest, bit of a ..... thing to do! Anyway, car is awesome. Very happy!
Don't think so pal .... wind your neck in.

This is what I sent you -

Title - Your new car.
The guy that sold it to you had sent me a few messages on themgzs.co.uk (great site by the way if you're interested - very friendly and some very knowledgable guys) because he was having issues with the temp guage. He wanted to buy a replacement set of clocks off me. He never bought them by the way.

I'm not saying that there are issues. I've never met the guy or seen the car - but it may be worth your while having a look over there at a few of his threads to see what he was concerned about.

All the best mate and it seems that the car is in good hands now.

deano9621 is his username over there.

All the best - Dan.

So where on earth you see that as a negative I have no idea - and the reason I mentioned that he hadn't changed the clocks was to let you know that they had not been changed - not that I was offering them to you. I made it clear that I didn't know the guy or the car.

Anyway - welcome to the site.

Last edited by Dan1971; 12-02-14 at 08:02 PM.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-14, 08:44 PM   #4
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Yeh, I bought this, it's not the clocks. It's a thermostat. I'm only here because someone felt the need to pm me on another site trying to suggest that there was possibly something I didn't know about the car that I wouldn't like, then tried to sell me some clocks! Not very happy to be honest, bit of a shitty thing to do! Anyway, car is awesome. Very happy!
I don't think Dan was trying to suggest that the car had some hidden fault that you might not be aware of, there had been quite a few posts on here about it running too cold, the previous owner wanted to change the clocks, or move the temp needle to it's normal position so it would read just under half, which isn't a solution, it's just working round a potential issue, if he'd plugged a live data reader in it would have shown what temp the ecu was seeing, he could then have acted accordingly.

It's a good looking car, I hope you you stick around.

Oh and welcome to the forum.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-14, 07:07 AM   #5
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Not the best 'hello' post is it? Slagging off a respected member who has clearly proved he was not doing as you stated but was offering some friendly advice. 'Whatever' is not an apology in my book just a teenage reply to a parent or elder who has little respect.
Old 13-02-14, 02:33 PM   #6
Roverload

Roverload is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Not the best 'hello' post is it? Slagging off a respected member who has clearly proved he was not doing as you stated but was offering some friendly advice. 'Whatever' is not an apology in my book just a teenage reply to a parent or elder who has little respect.
Whatever wasn't supposed to be an apology. And it isn't "slagging off" as you so eloquently put it. I wasn't happy, I got the impression he was trying to sell me something that I don't need, and he suggested there are issues I may not have known about, what do you think would have gone through my head after that message? Maybe the person I bought the car off it untrustworthy? Maybe it's a nail or there's something untoward gone on with it? I'm a big fan of minding your own business and that is all I have to say and that is all I will say, I would have just left it where I did but seeing as you seem to want an explanation there it is. I like your website, it'll be a useful tool to me and the people seem nice (not to mention the fellow banana mobile owners) but if you don't like that then ban me I guess...
Roverload is offline   Reply With Quote