theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 01-03-08, 06:55 AM   #11
tcb 180

tcb 180 will become famous soon enough
Don't know if I'll be away or not yet. I'm off on leave and will come just to watch if I'm about.

Last edited by tcb 180; 01-03-08 at 06:55 AM. Reason: xc
tcb 180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-08, 10:17 AM   #12
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
As a matter of interest, if spaces available when would you require the money? I can't afford to pay up front as I am on holiday during May, so getting the spending money up together.

I might decide to attend anyway just to have a nice day out driving

I love Combe, spent many hours at that track, not as quick as it used to be in the 80's, bloody chicanes!
Old 01-03-08, 05:08 PM   #13
Dave ZS-X

Dave ZS-X is on a distinguished road
well heres the problem ,i have to pay the deposit by mid april which would only require about ten people to pay but if i pay the deposit and then cant make the final numbers to achieve the total price i either have to cancel or stump up the missing money ,which at £135 each could soon become a big amount.
If by mid april i barely have enough to cover the deposit i will have to cancel the day as i cant risk other peoples money and i cant risk maybe having to find a large amount to cover spaces not filled.On the other hand if numbers are looking good i will press on and assume i can fill a few remaining spaces .
If there are spaces left then i would love you to have one but you see the position im in ,i really need comitments ,i would love to be able to tell everyone that i will save you a space and you can pay later but if i do that for one i have to do that for all ,and then no one would pay till almost the event date ,and then with the last minute drop outs you always get i could be left high and dry.
Its the best i can do ,to do this day for no profit at all ,i simply cant risk a big bill on top.
Hope you understand .
Dave

Dave
Dave ZS-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-08, 05:29 PM   #14
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Yes, I fully understand the situation and would do the same myself. I need to see what I can do with regards commitments.
Old 01-03-08, 07:51 PM   #15
Dave ZS-X

ok ,i put you as a maybe.

Dave
Old 01-03-08, 08:14 PM   #16
stamford
Site Owner

The last time I did Combe we could take passengers around, does this still stand?

Helmets compulsory I assume as well...............I need to buy a new one as I ditched my last one as the 'use by date' expired
Old 02-03-08, 07:04 PM   #17
al_roverMG
Site Supporter

al_roverMG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
The last time I did Combe we could take passengers around, does this still stand?

Helmets compulsory I assume as well...............I need to buy a new one as I ditched my last one as the 'use by date' expired

As far as i am aware passengers are still allowed but it does incure a cost (to cover them for insurance was the explination). Not sure what it is for the full days but the action day it was 7 quid i think. And yes both driver and passenger need a helmet (can be hired from them) and must have arms and legs fully covered.

Anyone else interested in a taster of track time at combe there is the action day on the 19th april which i can get track time for 17 quid for 20 mins. See thread in events.

Last edited by al_roverMG; 02-03-08 at 08:36 PM.
al_roverMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-08, 12:32 PM   #18
Dave ZS-X

no cost for passengers but they will need to attend the briefing and need helmet and arms and legs covered with full length clothes ,i.e trousers and jumper,no shorts and and shirts.

Dave
Old 04-04-08, 05:11 PM   #19
Dave ZS-X

trackday cancelled.

Dave