theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Parts For Sale

Old 27-03-08, 06:23 PM   #11
markyzs180

markyzs180 is on a distinguished road
That ones rare but already damaged, it'd cost around £50 to get it re-finished so unless it goes for less than £50 anyway I might as well get a light coloured mgf wheel and have it recoloured anyway, trouble is I keep missing the black/cream mgf wheels!!

2005 MG ZS 180 Saloon Gone, but still in the family....
markyzs180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-08, 05:30 AM   #12
markyzs180

Well blow me......just got in from work to find I've won it for the princely sum of £41 inc p&p!! Just got to seee how bad the wear is and decide whether to get it recoloured, trouble is I've kinda made my mind up on a MGF wheel.....

Old 02-04-08, 12:21 PM   #13
wilko66

wilko66 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by markyzs180 View Post
Well blow me......just got in from work to find I've won it for the princely sum of £41 inc p&p!! Just got to seee how bad the wear is and decide whether to get it recoloured, trouble is I've kinda made my mind up on a MGF wheel.....
What!!! after all that grief you gave me well if you dont want it give stamford a pm dude, im sure he'll have it off you

John
wilko66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-08, 12:35 PM   #14
markyzs180

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilko66 View Post
What!!! after all that grief you gave me well if you dont want it give stamford a pm dude, im sure he'll have it off you

hehehehe...there u go, have a bit more!!!!

I've got a cream mgf wheel coming as well, when I've got them I'll decide what I'm gonna do with them

Spoke to the local refinishers and it will cost between £40 - £50 + vat (each) to have them recoloured but I'll try and do a deal to get them both done, depends how much wear there is on the blue one. I honestly didn't think I'd get it for that price though!

Old 02-04-08, 06:15 PM   #15
wilko66

wilko66 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by markyzs180 View Post

hehehehe...there u go, have a bit more!!!!

I've got a cream mgf wheel coming as well, when I've got them I'll decide what I'm gonna do with them

Spoke to the local refinishers and it will cost between £40 - £50 + vat (each) to have them recoloured but I'll try and do a deal to get them both done, depends how much wear there is on the blue one. I honestly didn't think I'd get it for that price though!
no mate that was a bargain and no mistake, get them both done then you can decide which one you like and sell the other. I'm sure there will be a few members that will rip your arm off

Not me though because i got a brand new one for £65

John
wilko66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-08, 06:38 PM   #16
markyzs180

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilko66 View Post
no mate that was a bargain and no mistake, get them both done then you can decide which one you like and sell the other. I'm sure there will be a few members that will rip your arm off

Not me though because i got a brand new one for £65
Thats it John, you keep rubbing it in mate

Picked up a cream/black mgf wheel, airbag and roatary coupler today as well (did NOT believe I would win the blue one!) when the blue zs one arrives I'll see which one is going on but I'll probably get them both done and then sell one, trouble is the zs one will then owe me around £100 then the p&p, not sure anyone will pay that much??

Old 05-04-08, 07:59 AM   #17
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
So it went for a good price then, I was going to put a £40 bid in as I thought that was enough, wasn't far off then! Well done!
Old 05-04-08, 01:46 PM   #18
markyzs180

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
So it went for a good price then, I was going to put a £40 bid in as I thought that was enough, wasn't far off then! Well done!
yeah, still waiting for it to see how much wear there is on it but i'm pretty certain i'm gonna get the mgf wheel refinished in blue....

Old 09-04-08, 04:23 PM   #19
markyzs180

Right then, wheel arrived today, quite a bit of wear at the top of the rim and some scratches on the bottom, I've sat the blue one and the mgf one side by side, measured the girth of the rims (both the same surprisingly?) and have decided to go with the blue one. I've dropped it off at the upholsterers for refinishing and it should be ready for fitting at the weekend

Once its on and I'm happy with it I will have a cream/black MGF wheel, MGF airbag (with coloured MG badge ) and the rotary coupler available, anyone interested drop me a pm, not out to make any money on them just want to cover my costs...

pics soon.....