theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 20-05-08, 07:53 AM   #11
al_roverMG
Site Supporter

al_roverMG is on a distinguished road
See i have no choice to commute to work. I physically cannot afford to move closer to work and both Portland and Solent Coastguard are equadistant from my home with nothing closer. Still is better than the 400 mile round trip to Dover and back every week that i was doing. I certainly dont drive any slower though than i always have.

As for house prices leveling off i wouldn't believe a word of it. I appreciate many cannot afford a drop in prices but without a drop of 20-30% (at least hear in the south) first time buyers like myself simply cannot afford to step onto the property market and so there is no property market.

Personally on the fuel costs i think it is about time the governement did 2 things to ease the burden. Firstly put a hold on the fuel duty until the prices drop to a reasonable rate (as we are unlikely to get a drop lets face it) and secondly cap the profit which the oil giants can make or even introduce a 100% tax on everything above that figure for them. If of course the latter was introduced then there would be scope for a reduction in the duty.

I personally feel that everyday neccesities like food, water, fuel and clothing should have a cap on profits for the companies involved. People shouldn't make a fast buck from the hardship of all.