Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 23-09-08, 11:41 AM   #11
pVIRUSq

pVIRUSq is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdope2002 View Post
4th at 30mph no bloody wonder

ud be doing at least 1-1500rpm no wonder it wanted to stall try second or 3rd at that speed
please give me some credit, i do know what speeds i can drive my car in each gear and my 180 usually drives very well at 30 in 4th... i aslo now what the car does when the revs are too low for a certain gear. maybe i should have explained myself a little better.... when i was driving at around 30, the car was in 4th for aroud 2 minutes then all of a sudden it felt like it lost power. when i squeezed the gas nothing happened. i was going along a flat road and there was nothing to alter the pressure on the engine....
p.s if you need to be in 2nd gear when you are doing 30 then maybe its your car that needs looking at...
Old 23-09-08, 12:03 PM   #12
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Mine has done this a couple of times... both times I dipped the clutch and revs came back again... Never found out what it was and hasn't happened within the last 6 months!! - Is it possible the clutch didn't engage properly??

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-08, 04:17 PM   #13
pVIRUSq

pVIRUSq is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS View Post
Mine has done this a couple of times... both times I dipped the clutch and revs came back again... Never found out what it was and hasn't happened within the last 6 months!! - Is it possible the clutch didn't engage properly??
i am hoping it is something silly, as i said it has only happened twice. i guess it's just fear of the unknown.
Old 23-09-08, 04:47 PM   #14
grimmy

sounds like a bit of a misfire to me,mines done it once during the recent downpours been fine ever since don't know what caused it though.