theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 11-12-08, 11:50 PM   #1
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
It's been a long week

What a week it's been

For those who havn't noticed my absence over the last week I've been down south visiting some of my other half Caroline's relatives in Sheffield.

Drove down last Friday night. As if the joys of the A1 weren't enough the engine light came on about Newcastle... the Scangauge picks it up and I text Kev the code. Apparently the cat sensor is picking up something funny and the engine has cut back fuel

So no power, then my vis lights all go out while I'm overtaking a lorry and it feels like I've got even less power!

So in a service station in goodness only knows where I'm standing with the bonnet open in the snow wondering what the heck to do next.

At this point I really have to thank KevG, at 11pm he was the only person keeping me sane on the other end of the phone

So a set off again trying to take it easy. At about the 80miles to go mark the engine starts making all sorts of weird noises. A sort of fast rattle almost like the valves. Again I limp into a service station and stand in the rain this time wondering why the hell I bother. At this point I un-plug just about every connection in the engine bay and put it all back together again just incase there was something loose.

Off I go again, still not totally convinced I'm going to make it - but at least I seem to have some power back! The VIS lights are all still out but they seem to be doing something in there somewhere.

I eventually limp into Chesterfield at 3am - 9 hours after I left Edinburgh! I had used an insane amount of petrol, still had weird noises and no clue what the heck was going on with it.

But that wasn't the end of it.

On day 2 I was pulled by the cops ad read my rights for being young in a big car.

On day 3 I kerbed one of my 18s trying to miss a suicidal bus on a narrow street - then I was almost run over while looking at it

On day 4 an absolute ""£%&*!%"$!%"$£% woman in a Range Rover reversed into me at a junction. What the heck she was playing at I have no idea as I was about a car length behind her and was on my very very very loud air horn for a good 10 seconds before she actually hit me. Then when the cheeky £"£$%^£%"$ saw that her car was ok she tried to drive off - so she no longer has a rear wiper arm and has a nice size 12 dent on the boot lid.

luckily I seem to have escaped with nothing more than scratches and some bent lower mesh. I only noticed once I got home that the MG badge has popped off too

It's going in for a service tomorrow so I have everything crossed that it'll be ok

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-08, 12:53 AM   #2
sarah

sarah is on a distinguished road
Ouch Ross, sorry to hear that. hope you get all your car probs sorted and running nice again

but apart from your bad luck, how was your time away?

my oh my.....
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-08, 01:20 AM   #3
Phate

Phate is an unknown quantity at this point
Sucks dude, I've had trips of hell before. Last thing you need really....

and yeh I've been pulled for being young in a big car, specially with the copper saying "are you sure you can handle such a car at your age" I simply stared at him and said "I'm 20....bye"
Old 12-12-08, 07:23 AM   #4
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
The road trip from hell, hope it's okay Ross.
Old 12-12-08, 09:18 AM   #5
arwilson80
Founding Members

arwilson80 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxed_Ross View Post
On day 2 I was pulled by the cops ad read my rights for being young in a big car.
Are you being serious? I mean why can't you be young in a big car. I mean its your car and you can afford to insure / run / etc it then whats the problem?

...and look on the bright side - when you are right at the 'bottom of the barrel' there is only one way to go. Up.

"People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people. Drive only with proper protection."
"You should try one. It's bloody good" - Jeremy Clarkson (commenting after driving a ZS180)
"Fines are a tax for doing bad, Taxes are a fine for doing good" - Unknown
GPS - Because guys don't know how to ask directions

MG ZS 180
3.5L V6 Ford Taurus
2.7L V6 EcoBoost Ford F150 4x4
arwilson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-08, 10:35 AM   #6
stevelou5

stevelou5 is on a distinguished road
Does sound as though it has been a long week......can I join that club too?? :-(

First came the wheel....then came the zs the end!!
stevelou5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-08, 11:11 AM   #7
TjP

TjP is on a distinguished road
That is indeed a bad week! Sorry to hear it.

I had a similar thing where I curbed an alloy too... someone tried to pull out of their parallel park on a one-way street while I was driving past them. Really annoying, although the state of my rims from when I bought them, cant really notice what I added.
Old 12-12-08, 11:45 AM   #8
Stuart

Stuart is on a distinguished road
You shoulda stayed north of the border mate!

i reckon it all happened because you crossed over into "the darkside"

Old 12-12-08, 02:09 PM   #9
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by arwilson80 View Post
Are you being serious? I mean why can't you be young in a big car. I mean its your car and you can afford to insure / run / etc it then whats the problem?
no very serious. They claimed I looked suspicious, then on hearing my accent it went down hill from there

Quote:
Originally Posted by arwilson80 View Post
...and look on the bright side - when you are right at the 'bottom of the barrel' there is only one way to go. Up.
no not really. Was looking at a nice RB320 at the local Subaru garage today for something to do and they would give me £3600 for my car... I nearly burst into tears on the spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
Ouch Ross, sorry to hear that. hope you get all your car probs sorted and running nice again

but apart from your bad luck, how was your time away?
hell

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote