Old 24-12-08, 09:41 AM   #21
ZS180V6

ZS180V6 is on a distinguished road
It seems everyone favours a different pad lol
ZS180V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-08, 10:02 AM   #22
RudeDogg1

RudeDogg1 is on a distinguished road
id stick with mintex ive not heard a bad thing about them but heard loads of bad comments about ebc your choice at the end of the day
RudeDogg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-08, 10:27 AM   #23
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phate View Post
I use EBC Ultimax discs on the front and EBC standard discs on the rear with greenstuffs front and back and they performed very well on Brands, much better over OE imo.

Have had them on for a while now and it wasn't until the track abuse they are now feeling spongy, I'm thinking of going Red's or Yellows on the front this time
If you go red or yellow on the fronts then for normal driving you won't have any brakes! or that will be the feeling... both these compounds need to be warmed up before the brakes will work.... You have been warned!

Personally I am not going to touch EBC brakes again, not after my own experiences or those of other people I know (and I've been around on the MG scene for a long time, so have heard a lot of stories! :P)

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-08, 09:46 PM   #24
ZSTurbo

ZSTurbo is on a distinguished road
At the momment I have EBC turbo disc's and greenstuff pads all round, when I first fitted them they were quite effective and sharp, but now they seemed to have faded and I don't get the initial bite that i used to or how I like so I am now thinking of either going for yellow tuff fronts or going back to my old faithful Mintex 1166's or 1177's.

But for an everyday driver that doesn't really drive hard then greenstuff pads wil be fine, just not for me anymore

ZS200+ Turbo...
MGF 1.9 throttle bodied 210bhp
MGTF 180
ZSTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-08, 12:20 PM   #25
SimonMGZS

SimonMGZS is on a distinguished road
i have got ebc's cross drilled and grooved discs all round with green stuff pads.they were good on my car when i first got them on there. i found this out when one night coming home from a meet i was doing about 70/80 mph on a straight run also downhill when some **** of a taxi driver decided to pull straight out in front of me so i had to slam on the brakes and did it stop in no time at all no abs activation on it either ming you i had been driving for an hour so they must have been nice and hot but now i find that they are not so good and also the discs keep glazing over anyway of stopping this happen.
2005 mg zs180 2.5ltr v6

janspeed full stainless steel sports exhaust
itg maxogen induction kit
19" rss alloy wheels
SimonMGZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-08, 01:21 PM   #26
Phate

Phate is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
your fluid got hot therefore spongy, mine was the same for a day after, all back to normal now. It could do with a flush through mind.
Jagen, was told this about 10 minutes after I posted.

Going to replace mine with DOT5 stuff - has the highest boiling point for brake fluid - Ace
Old 25-12-08, 02:32 PM   #27
Fudgepacker

Fudgepacker is on a distinguished road
im running EBC yellows and wow never stoped so quick
Fudgepacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-08, 03:50 PM   #28
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
EBC yellows are very effective from cold on a 180 from experience. there it plenty of feel in the pedal and they work very well. they have a even better responce when warm.

end of the day the make a generic pad, so it wont work on all cars, as they used there brakes in different ways, for example, a friend fitted yellows on his bmw m3, we then went to coombe and after 3 laps he had brake fade the pads were mullered by the end of the day and had no meat left, where as the yellows on my car performed well when i was out and still have meat left.

From that what im trying to say is not every uses the brakes the same so they will work on one car or manufacture but maybe not so well on others.

Ross
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote