Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Closed Thread

Old 20-05-12, 05:36 PM   #131
Fred68

Fred68 has a spectacular aura aboutFred68 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ View Post
Great post Eddie, as you say its all about choked or unchoked flow. Reducing flow losses to maximise volumetric efficiency. Guess I've learnt something this year.

Have heard that the KV6 heads are pretty good, would be good to get one on a flow bench and see some actual figures for them.
Snowy over on XPF has flow tested them and found they flow much the same as the 160!! So it should make something like 220-230 bhp with it's extra capacity!! It must have a lower VE or it would!! Unless there is something inherent in the design that is stopping it?? It is all about getting the air in and exhaust back out as efficiently as possible but even that seems to fail to deliver the goods

Last edited by Fred68; 20-05-12 at 05:40 PM.
Old 21-05-12, 05:36 AM   #132
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
it's one of the smoothest engines I've ever driven though, and at a constant speed fuel economy on a standard engine seems to be good too... it even gets better if you go a bit faster!

Perhaps it was designed more for that and not future tweeking

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Old 21-05-12, 07:45 AM   #133
Phate

Phate is an unknown quantity at this point
Any results?
Old 21-05-12, 03:09 PM   #134
Eddie

Eddie will become famous soon enough
A good friend of mine is running a Honda Civic EG, engine is a K24 block 4 cylinder from the Accord (2400cc) with a K20 Civic Type R head (VTEC).
It's still on stock sleeves and crank, runs an off the shelf set of cams (VTEC killer cams) higher compression forged pistons, modified inlet and throttle body.
It has a few other goodies and shiny bits but nothing that would promote the power it makes, 300hp@wheels NASP and it runs 10's, can be daily driven too.
Point being, with years of development and a known quantity you can build some engines with off the shelf parts and know roughly what you're going to get, KV6 seems to be an untapped market due to the costs of developing the engine, shame MGR went under when they did as quite a few companies where starting to do stuff with the KV6, think G and Drew are about all there is now, which is good as I would really love to see someone pull the potential from this lump.
Old 21-05-12, 04:36 PM   #135
MG6Turbo
Banned

MG6Turbo is on a distinguished road
Well no results as of yet, still waiting for Thor . They had issues with a previous car which has delayed this one. This car seems to attract delays lol.

As for Kv6 tuning, the issue with it is cost and demand. I do have a soft spot for the Kv6 and would like to see the 2.5 unit pushed, however, we already know what the 2.0ltr Kv6 is capable of. The touring cars managed 275bhp from the KV6 2.0ltr nasp, and i know its been pushed passed this, so i would deffo say that a 2.5kv6 should be able to push over 300bhp nasp !

I do know Mg/Rover did a low blow twin turbo KV6 and this pushed out well over 400bhp ! Its a shame it never went into production !

G
Old 21-05-12, 05:05 PM   #136
Quadcam24

Quadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the rough
bu55er....i wonder what will be the cause of tomorrows delay

that sounds awesome ed...300 wheels nasp, is that an expensive build or is it as simple as you make it sound ,lol.
Imagine that screaming banshee in a zs !
Old 21-05-12, 05:48 PM   #137
Quadcam24

Quadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxed_Ross View Post
it's one of the smoothest engines I've ever driven though, and at a constant speed fuel economy on a standard engine seems to be good too... it even gets better if you go a bit faster!

Perhaps it was designed more for that and not future tweeking
true, it wasnt designed as a performance engine, it was just a handy, tried and tested v6 that mgr could get at the right price.

If only it had been vvc'd it would have been a different beast altogether.
Old 21-05-12, 06:32 PM   #138
MG6Turbo
Banned

MG6Turbo is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Quadcam24;254896]bu55er....i wonder what will be the cause of tomorrows delay

Dave im as disappointed as anyone else.

However, we know Thor are a reputable company so im sure they are as eager to move it on as anyone !

G
Old 25-05-12, 08:08 AM   #139
Quadcam24

any progress ?
Old 28-05-12, 04:51 PM   #140
Quadcam24

any mapping yet?
Closed Thread