theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 27-01-13, 07:47 AM   #131
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I didn't see in the thread if you did fit the cams? You were talking about getting them done but no confirmation, was trying to get a feel for the power figures you got and how another 20bhp could be gained from the remap, I am assuming the cams have been fitted. Matt will do a stirling job for you, he is very patient and will take his time to get the optimum for you.
Old 27-01-13, 08:48 AM   #132
OllieZS

OllieZS is on a distinguished road
Hi stamford, yes the cams have been fitted, I will try and put up the power graph later on
OllieZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-13, 01:01 PM   #133
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
It'll be interesting to see what he can get out of it once mapped, should be 215 minimum surely? Cams and manis are the only mods I don't have and probably never will due to the cost of them and the availability of the verniers for the cams. Plus I need to get my Torsen box rebuilt. Still good fun all the same.
Old 27-01-13, 04:09 PM   #134
Dave MGT

Dave MGT is on a distinguished road
That's not a bad result considering you haven't had a remap for the cams. I think 20bhp might be a bit optimistic though. I recon a 12-14bhpmax increase with a remap. Will be interesting to see.

Those discs look interesting...?
A alloy bell setup is somhing I need to look into with the brembos

Last edited by Dave MGT; 27-01-13 at 04:11 PM.
Dave MGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-13, 04:53 PM   #135
OllieZS

Thanks for all the replies

I appreciate a 20bhp peak increase from a remap could be optimistic, but im feeling positive! lol

Heres the graph

Dirty Ultimate ZS!

My car is now 173.6 bhp/tonne!

The car was ran in 5th gear
Old 05-03-13, 05:04 PM   #136
OllieZS

Hi everyone,

I'm quite excited as tomorrow my car is at reidys for a remap! It will be interesting to compare the figures he gets on first run compared to what I got in Jan at Interpro (198bhp)

Will post up tomorrow!
Old 05-03-13, 05:29 PM   #137
stamford
Site Owner

Looking forward to the results, tell him I said 'hi'
Old 05-03-13, 05:34 PM   #138
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Definitely looking forward to seeing the results on this one buddy.. I'm hoping it cracks 220 for you, although quite an ask it'd be great if it did.
Old 05-03-13, 05:36 PM   #139
Quadcam24

Quadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the rough
good luck......personally id be more interested in seeing you run at interpro again after the reidy remap, to see if it shows the same gain that reidy will hopefully find for your car...that would give everyone something concrete on zs 180 remaps.
My car had cams fitted and was then rollered, then the map was tweeked and it made exactly the same bhp before and after.
The ecu can self learn 270 cams so no big gains are available unless something was amiss with your car at interpro that has since been resolved.
204 -212 is what you should have with cams, induction and full exhaust wether you have a remap or not.
Old 05-03-13, 06:31 PM   #140
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
keep an eye on power at wheels, I know reidy does not think there is much transmission loss on these, so I am sure his dyno will not say calculated 198fly bhp with just 146whp, when he did mine with 173whp he reckoned it would show a tad under 200fly on his dyno.
hope this helps you.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote