theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 23-10-14, 05:23 PM   #151
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
2025T6 we commonly use, and 7074 which has a higher nickel content, it's stronger than 2025 but more brittle.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-14, 07:24 PM   #152
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
http://asm.matweb.com/search/Specifi...ssnum=MA6061t6

Old 23-10-14, 07:38 PM   #153
duncs

duncs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneekyparrot View Post
I am being greedy [emoji13]

Stock bam pistons run 9,0,1, these ones are agu @ 9.5.1 with new rings on honed bores.
Being guided by those who are running / have run some nice hp from k04 turbo's.

Sort of hoping with the new injectors / pro4 mani / flowed head that I can ease off the boost but raise the hp to match torque. Too much at mo to up the turbo size.
The bigport head will help with flow once you get the boost up

On a stock 9.5:1 AUQ lump with a hybrid k03/k04 I made 280bhp and 290 tq at 1.25-1.3 bar; changed the turbo for a GT28RS modded to fit the stock manifold and made 310bhp with 300tq at 1.3 bar. Biggest difference was the boost staying to the limiter at 7200

I could've pushed it to 330bhp @1.5bar on that setup but that was still running the stock fuel pump, LCR 370cc injectors and a 4bar fpr.

Keeping an eye on this to see where you end up with it, the car looks fantastic! Jealous, just a wee bit

I've got my old engine in the garage, I keep looking at that and eyeing up my wife's 400...
duncs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-14, 12:10 AM   #154
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
Read through this all again from the start & can't help be drawing in like a moth to a flame by how good this looks like it's gonna turn out
Cant be easy putting so much money into a an old ZS and going on with family matters etc etc
Wish you all the best with the project Paul.
Great work.
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-14, 02:57 PM   #155
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
Cheers for the info re rad.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414162595.032704.jpg
Better pic Peter, show the lower rail chopped about to get rad in.
Old 24-10-14, 03:22 PM   #156
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

Cheers, a bit of work needed to make it fit then.

Old 25-10-14, 10:43 AM   #157
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
Cheers, a bit of work needed to make it fit then.
yep, same with most things for ZS's! not alot of ppls doing aftermarket parts for them anymore.

thats why i end up doing most work myself. Just had the gear turn up to make my own bushes.

almost at point of giving up with waiting for ppls to make bodykits / doors etc so started looking into how i can make my own

may even put it back on road as a mk1 to start with so i can at least drive it
Old 25-10-14, 04:40 PM   #158
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneekyparrot View Post
yep, same with most things for ZS's! not alot of ppls doing aftermarket parts for them anymore.

thats why i end up doing most work myself. Just had the gear turn up to make my own bushes.

almost at point of giving up with waiting for ppls to make bodykits / doors etc so started looking into how i can make my own

may even put it back on road as a mk1 to start with so i can at least drive it
I thought Eddie Farrow had found someone to do the btc kits?
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-14, 06:58 AM   #159
sneekyparrot

So I believe mark but every time I ask for prices / pictures it all goes quiet??
Old 26-10-14, 07:57 AM   #160
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
There's pics of it from yesteryear, same kit as ex260 like this http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/pic/7...S-EX260_4.html from what I have seen, but eddie needs to fabricate the door box sides.

If your feeling handy with fibreglass (polyfibre is on your door), I wonder what could be knocked up from a basis of universal fibreglass arches, a mk2 front bumper and some creativity???
Whilst many knock the ugly mk2 front bumper in btc, it does help cool the tyres and the splitter should provide more downforce too, but it looks super easy to diy replicate at home.
Would you want the door pods or some decent sills? for me, big sills in alloy would be my choice over big box section of fibreglass.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote