theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 17-06-09, 10:39 PM   #181
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
A neat sales pitch but I'm not buying. If that were true then every engine manufacturer would fit such a device. In the years of car ownership I have lost very few engines. Any engine that has been rebuilt or stood for some time has always been primed first, removal of leads or fuel relays always did the trick. The slant four vauxhalls I rebuilt always were primed by removing the distributor and spinning the pump spindle using an adaptor and electric drill until the pressure built up.

Never filled the filters as oil is already in the system. Once the filter is screwed into place any remaining oil in the housing flows anyway. Pointless when a filter sits 90deg to the block in some cases.
Old 18-06-09, 11:21 AM   #182
marts66
Site Supporter

marts66 is on a distinguished road
Agreed, always span them up first without fuel or sparks to build up pressure. This always worked well. I heard, although this might not be true that good oil filters had a valve/device to stop oil draining out overnight or while parked up while cheaper ones didn't.

Had a mate that used to run RS2000s and always fitted a kill switch and span them up until the gauge showed pressure EVERY 'KIN TIME! Even after filling up, did my head in.

Sarcasm....the lowest form of humour and the highest form of vulgarity.

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

TF135 cams, 52mm throttle body, PECO SS catback, K&N Apollo, PAYEN headgasket, Tinted rear lenses, HID 6000k headlights, 100w mains, citroen washers, grooved discs with Mintex redbox pads, Sony Xplod + USB + 10 disc changer, sub + amp, one off alloy bonnet badge, rear headrests and the beat goes on...
marts66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-09, 12:14 PM   #183
Phate

Phate is an unknown quantity at this point
Update:

Well we are severely running low on things to bolt on. The car is certainly looking more car like (minues bonnet, bumper and lights) and we are looking to start her by 4 this afternoon

Only thing we are having problems with is the clutch slave cylinder. When fitting the master slave we pushed the clutch pedal a few things and now its gone solid. So we are trying to bleed/get it working.

Stay tuned!
Old 19-06-09, 12:22 PM   #184
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Wink

Best of luck, hope you sort out the clutch.

What clutch kit have you got, if you look at Micks post ref AA I think he is saying that the O/E set up is not bleedable as its a sealed unit. Maybe worth giving him a call.

Last edited by peterzs; 19-06-09 at 12:32 PM.
peterzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-09, 12:28 PM   #185
Phate

I'm away from the yard until 3. And dad won't be back till 2ish. So hes going to carry on when he gets back and I'll get there for 3 to help him finish off.
Old 19-06-09, 12:30 PM   #186
Phate

And thanks Pete - Expect a text this afternoon
Old 19-06-09, 12:31 PM   #187
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phate View Post
Update:

Well we are severely running low on things to bolt on. The car is certainly looking more car like (minues bonnet, bumper and lights) and we are looking to start her by 4 this afternoon

Only thing we are having problems with is the clutch slave cylinder. When fitting the master slave we pushed the clutch pedal a few things and now its gone solid. So we are trying to bleed/get it working.

Stay tuned!
Correct me if I am wrong but if the slave required bleeding (if at all possible) then it would be because of a loose pedal and inability to change gear. A solid pedal would tell me that there is a mechanical block in the system. Disconnect the slave from the master, does the pushrod have any resistence? Can you push the clutch arm manually? Remove the slave from the gearbox, reconnect to master pipe, depress the pedal, does the pushrod actuate forward? When the pedal is returned can you push the slave pushrod back?
Old 19-06-09, 12:45 PM   #188
Phate

Well we can push the pedal down without any problems (feels like it should) but the slave cylinder just isn't pushing the clutch lever on the gearbox. It's very odd...

I'll give the above ago when we get back if Dad hasn't sorted it Thanks dude!
Old 19-06-09, 12:50 PM   #189
Phate

Just reread your post

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Disconnect the slave from the master, does the pushrod have any resistence?
Yes you can't push it down at all.

Quote:
Can you push the clutch arm manually?
Yep, feels fine.

Quote:
Remove the slave from the gearbox, reconnect to master pipe, depress the pedal, does the pushrod actuate forward?
No

Quote:
When the pedal is returned can you push the slave pushrod back?
Nope, as mentioned above. It's solid.
Old 19-06-09, 01:21 PM   #190
stamford
Site Owner

Right, so the pedal isn't solid, is it softer than before? sounds like you have air in the system which will be hard to dispel. Try the master and slave separately by pushing against the rod, if it is soft then there is air present, if met with tough resistance then it is okay.