AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 09-03-09, 02:28 PM   #11
chriszs180

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS View Post
Everyone... Because of the Average Speed Cameras

If you don't then you get points and a fine. Simple as.
or there will be a huge increase in dodgy numberplates or polish cars

think i might register mine in some strange european place and use it here....
Old 09-03-09, 02:34 PM   #12
Nor

Nor is a jewel in the roughNor is a jewel in the roughNor is a jewel in the rough
ffs, the only bit of fun you get in the car these days is NS60 roads.
Old 09-03-09, 03:14 PM   #13
Phate

Phate is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS180V6 View Post
They should increase the Motorway limit to 80...
I don't see why we can't have what europe has.

80mph in good weather, 70 in everything else. Works for them...why not us?
Old 09-03-09, 03:28 PM   #14
stevelou5

stevelou5 is on a distinguished road
Whats going on........more bloody speed reductions.....more camera's wot a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

First came the wheel....then came the zs the end!!
stevelou5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-09, 03:30 PM   #15
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by marts66 View Post
Would you not say that comment is at best xenophobic and at the worst racist? I'm married to an immigrant and find that kind of opinion best left in your head.
Don't get me started!

I'm not xenophobic as I do not fear them. Racist? in some way I probably am to a point, but I reckon most people are, except they refuse to admit it.

Opinions are that and everybody has one.
Old 09-03-09, 03:56 PM   #16
KevG
2007 Focus ST2

KevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really nice
here is the petition

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/noNSLreduction/

KevG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-09, 04:00 PM   #17
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
and todays news is that local councils plan to remove speed camera warning signs, apparently to reduce street clutter!

My wife, (a British tax payer although she isn't British citizen so can't vote) grew up in Franco's Spain, she recons the Britian is becomeing worse than Spain every was!
Old 09-03-09, 04:25 PM   #18
Nor

Nor is a jewel in the roughNor is a jewel in the roughNor is a jewel in the rough
If one of the other parties objects to it that's who'll be getting my vote in the GE.
Old 09-03-09, 05:03 PM   #19
marts66
Site Supporter

marts66 is on a distinguished road
Don't get me started!

I can't actually believe you think most people are racist. I have worked with people from foreign countries who have arrived on these shores and in the ten years I did this and the thousands of people I met, the only people who stand out are the tiny minority of narrow minded bigots who openly admit to being racist. You can't be racist to a point, you either are or aren't; and it might be worth pointing out that some sentiments and opinions, voiced openly, can actually be illegal, you might want to consider that before voicing them. You can quote freedom of speech to me all you like, but you have no idea the effect your utterances have on those who hear them. How do you know there are no 'immigrants' reading this forum? Do you think that owning an MG is the sole right of white Anglo Saxons?

By the way, my wife and many of our friends are Polish. She, and all the others, own UK registered cars...taxed, MOTd and insured. So thanks for making her feel welcome on this forum. She wants to buy and has test driven a ZR and has also attended a meet with me before, not sure if she'll do this now or attend another meet; might be what racists want?

Sarcasm....the lowest form of humour and the highest form of vulgarity.

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

TF135 cams, 52mm throttle body, PECO SS catback, K&N Apollo, PAYEN headgasket, Tinted rear lenses, HID 6000k headlights, 100w mains, citroen washers, grooved discs with Mintex redbox pads, Sony Xplod + USB + 10 disc changer, sub + amp, one off alloy bonnet badge, rear headrests and the beat goes on...
marts66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-09, 06:15 PM   #20
TjP

TjP is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevG View Post
Signed.

And about imigrants... Im not racist, but I dont like the way in which this country deals with immigration. A lot of British citizens find themselves homeless or jobless and then I hear stories about immigrants being given free housing and such, which makes me a bit resentful I must admit.

Again, Im not racist in the least, I have a close friend who is Pakistani, but groups of extremists do give their nations a bad name, and unfortunately steriotypes do emerge, along with the fear of the unknown causing paranoia ("what if that person over there is a terrorist?")