theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 08-04-13, 09:46 PM   #11
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Try and find when it was reshelled as well, Heritage shells were dipped from 1993 so are much more rot resistant than anything built at Abingdon.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-13, 07:02 PM   #12
Witnes$

Witnes$ has a spectacular aura aboutWitnes$ has a spectacular aura about
Well pretty disappointing result from the 1st one to be honest. The chassis looked solid and the wire wheels with the additional hubs was nice but that was about it on the physical side.

Some very dodgy filling had been done on most panels in the past and I could fit my hand in the holes near the front of the rear arch's. Makes you think if its that bad on top whats underneath! Floor pan and boot pans were fairly solid, some evidence that its been a home for mice at one point. Interior was shot and dials corroding too. It was a nut and bolt job and a full engine rebuild as hasn't been run for 5 years and the rad had huge holes in it so who knows the corrosion inside.

It my have been of interest to a professional restorer (Seller asking 1k) as the history, v5 papers, Californian import 3 wipers, tax free and spares included were quite extensive. For me though way too much work so the search continues........
Old 11-04-13, 07:16 PM   #13
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Some good ones out there, and for not much money.

But must get underneath to check the sills and spring hanger areas.

Good luck with the search.
Old 11-04-13, 07:27 PM   #14
Witnes$

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
Some good ones out there, and for not much money.

But must get underneath to check the sills and spring hanger areas.

Good luck with the search.
I got underneath with my torch cills looked ok, surface rust and spring hangers were solid to be honest, gave em a few firm pulls and pushes.

Cheers Pete, if you see one for sale please give me a haeds up.

Last edited by Witnes$; 11-04-13 at 07:30 PM.
Witnes$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-13, 08:20 PM   #15
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
MGCC April have a 1972 MGB GT K reg tax exempt Brooklands green, tidy car £2595 ono tel 01308 427021

Always better to pay a bit more and not buy a basket case, they can eat time and money.

Gumtree had some cheaper ones, think its a matter of checking one or two as it doesnt always follow that the cheap ones are rust buckets, matter of luck, whats out there.

For a fun top off car the MGF/TF's are cheap.
Old 11-04-13, 09:00 PM   #16
Witnes$

Cheers Pete! We've had a silver Sunstorm TF before, fun little car but never really grew on me, loved the soft top appeal. We're after something soft top and classic so should hold its value better, granted I'll spend more money and time on it but will be a labour of love. Midgets, sprites are bit too small that's why were swaying to the MGB and maybe a mk4 spitfire, entry level classics so to speak.

Had a search on gumtree but didn't throw up anything around my area (Sheffield), then again I didn't try that hard as the search function is pretty dump.
Old 12-04-13, 09:48 AM   #17
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Go for a good. rust free one, mechanically they are easy and cheap to sort.

Might be worth seeing if there are any MGB meets, someone might be selling a good one.
Old 12-04-13, 02:19 PM   #18
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-B-GT-19...item2ec76af9e7

Thats looks quite nice from the pictures... I wonder what the inner sills are like?

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-13, 02:56 PM   #19
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS View Post
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-B-GT-19...item2ec76af9e7

Thats looks quite nice from the pictures... I wonder what the inner sills are like?
It doesn't look bad in the pics, I guess the condition underneath will be down to how long it was used before being stored, and the conditions in the barn.

Old 12-04-13, 02:59 PM   #20
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

I should have read the write up before commenting, off the road since 2009, and I would agree with the seller that it has been previously restored.