theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 26-03-12, 08:30 PM   #11
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Smacking my Sunbeam Talbot 90 Mk2 into Stains roundabout, be worth a few bob now!!!

My derv ZS still makes me smile when I walk back to it in a car park, its normally parked on its own, as far as I can get it away from other cars!!!

peterzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-12, 08:32 PM   #12
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Interesting you saying that Sam, I really thought you had made the right decision due to the requirements for everyday life.
A few facts that might shock you.

I pay more in insurance for the 75 Tourer than I did for the modified ZS 180.

The 180 was better fuel economy round town (when driven sensibly - of course motorway driving the 75 wins hands down)

the 75 *feels* more than twice as heavy as the zs did... in reality its probably only 1.5 times as heavy

I could fit more into the ZS Saloon boot than I can into the 75 tourer with the load cover accross (of course without it thats not the case)

I could fit three child seats into the back of the ZS saloon... I can't quite do it in the 75!

It cost me £85 to fill up the tank in the 75 yesterday, and that was only 400 miles I had done since last fillup - the ZS in comparrison used to do 320 miles to £50 (but I am compairing prices from 6 months ago to today)

The 75 is a CDT Diesel... surely this should be mega epic fuel consumption and cheaper insurance????

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-12, 08:34 PM   #13
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Long as you dont chip them, ZS
Old 26-03-12, 08:35 PM   #14
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
Long as you dont chip them, ZS
Its better now its chipped... but still not where I would like it to be!

high 20's low 30's round town... before it was chipped it was mid to high 20's...

used to be high 40's low 50's on motorways... after chip its now roughly 55 mpg motorway driving

Oh! and I still get much more enjoyment out of my MG F than I do out of the 75 lol I think maybe I shouldn't be a Diesel driver??

Last edited by ZS; 26-03-12 at 08:37 PM.
Old 26-03-12, 08:41 PM   #15
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
You would think the diesel 75 would be cheaper allround, I am somewhat surprised and disappointed as I wouldn't mind one but after this probably not.
Old 26-03-12, 08:46 PM   #16
ZS
IT Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
You would think the diesel 75 would be cheaper allround, I am somewhat surprised and disappointed as I wouldn't mind one but after this probably not.
Owners on the other site are suggesting that my injectors either need cleaning or replacing... they have suggested putting some millers into it... millers what I don't know, changing the fuel filter yesterday for the correct type may have helped, I will find out soon I guess... they say high 40's round town and high 50's motorway driving should be expected...

This particular car I am sorting out, but I think was let down by **** poor maintenance by the previous owners mechanic (the guy who owned before won't touch anything mechanical and trusts his local mechanic) so another 75 cdt might be much better...

TBH the car is much better than it was when I got it as well (you had to wear brown trousers then to pull out into traffic... dead MAF) its just that now I can only see the negative with the car and am all outta love for it I think... maybe once I start recouping some of the lost money back again and iron out any remaing bugs that things will get better for this relationship (thats what it is! a relationship between you and a car..) but we will see when it goes in for its MOT in a few weeks!

Old 26-03-12, 08:51 PM   #17
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
ZS - the thing is mate - you've got rid of what was one of the best Mk1s on this site and you know that. You went sensible and maybe weren't ready. No fettling with injectors is going to change that.

What will change it is Alan's Orange Grove 180 !
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-12, 08:54 PM   #18
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
True, we have all been there and made 'sensible' purchases only to regret it and think why the hell did I do that! Look on the plus side, you can still get a good ZS and you will find an owner for the Tourer once sorted i'm sure.
Old 26-03-12, 08:55 PM   #19
ZS
IT Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
ZS - the thing is mate - you've got rid of what was one of the best Mk1s on this site and you know that. You went sensible and maybe weren't ready. No fettling with injectors is going to change that.

What will change it is Alan's Orange Grove 180 !
Unless he'd do a swap for the 75 its a wee bit out of my price range... and Bolton is a long way away to get a car - however it is a very nice looking car and I have been tempted when looking at the ad a few times...

Old 26-03-12, 08:58 PM   #20
peterzs
promoted bloke!

I always put a couple of cupfulls of Millers Power Sport 4, into a full tank of Derv.

Its suppose to up the cetane by up to 4 numbers.
increases power by 17.5% more bhp
increases mpg by 7%
reduces emissions up to 70% less exhaust smoke, 20% less carbon
cleans injectors.

As it says on the bottle!!!!! Is a bit pricey £11.49 but treats 10 x 50 ltr tanks.