theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 29-11-10, 08:50 PM   #11
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Having access to a ZR160 (my wifes) and a ZS180 (mine) I know what I'd do if I were you, I'm sticking in my 180 thank you.
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-10, 08:59 PM   #12
Stiggers

Stiggers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
Hi Stiggers and

Mk2 180's seem to go from ?1000, up to ?4,500, depends on condition and how quick they want to sell them.

I've got a derv but picked up from on here that its best to have the belts done, age and miles means they are all due by now. Prices for getting the belts done range from ?500 to ?900, so best search on here to see the best people to do them.

Power and vis motors need checking easy fix but make the cars run awful if not right. Plastic manifold needs checking, as well as the clutch, as its plastic it tends to go.

Stamford has done a guide on the 180, which will be a great help for you.

http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=11254

http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=11255

Hope you sort out a good one.

Cheers for all the information mate, will have a good read of the links you have provided - should clue me up! Seems like the belts are quite an expensive job but I suppose that gives leverage when negotiating on price. I have actually thought about getting a DERV as an economical alternative but it seems impossible to get one with 180 kit, did you find yours as it was or did you source the 180 kit afterwards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdope2002 View Post
you can come and buy mine for 2.5k if ya like
I actually really like your car mate, one of my fav colours and one of the best MGR did in my opinion. Have you had much interest in it so far? If you are still selling in January or haven't already sold it I may well give you a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caled View Post
Id double check the insurance in the centre of manchester, mate. Im in an M14 postcode and the insurance is an absolute nightmare.
I know mate it isn't going to be cheap but it actually hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be and as I said I will have to insure my ZR regardless so may as well pay a bit more for IMHO a better all round car with a lot more power. If I get the flat I am after the car will be in an underground secure car park which helps plus I have 5 years no claims. Will most likely be moving to the sticks with my gf in 12 months time anyway so will just have to take the pain!

Are you close to Plattfields Park then mate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Welcome ....

Plenty out there.

Personally - I wouldn't pay any more than ?2,500 for a Mk2 and that would have had belts done for that too.

Shame you don't fancy one now. Spectre on XPF is selling his still I think, and it's a Monogram example with alcantara and in good nick - belts done and he only wants ?2,100 for it. I'd rip his hand off if I was in the market.
Thank you, I have just had a nosey at Spectre's car and it is a truly stunning car plus I do love the alcantara seats. However not sure if I could live with that colour day to day.
Stiggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-10, 09:02 PM   #13
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
it would certainly stand out, and it'll be alot more desirable with enthusiasts later in life if you decide to keep it a while

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-10, 09:38 PM   #14
caled

caled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nice
Aye, Im in fallowfield mate. Ridiculous post code to try and insure something due to all the bloody students all over the show.
Will be nice to have another ZS knocking around town, you'll no doubt enjoy all the curious looks from people as they try and figure out what the hell it is we're driving lol.
Old 01-12-10, 02:54 PM   #15
Stiggers

Stiggers is on a distinguished road
Yes if I go ahead and purchase one I would def be up for a meeting of local Zeds. I saw a silver one liker yours (in fact it may have been yours) in the Northern Quarter on Saturday night and they still really turn heads!

How do people find sourcing parts of the 180 bodykit if accidents happen? I know they can be like hen's teeth to get OEM parts but does anyone offer fibre glass remakes etc?
Stiggers is offline   Reply With Quote