Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-14, 03:44 PM   #11
ian zs180

ian zs180 is on a distinguished road
sat nav for me coz I,m crap at reading maps
ian zs180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-14, 09:59 AM   #12
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I like to know where I'm going so often look it up on a map beforehand but I tend to stick the satnav on the screen as well, more for the speed, time and distance info.

I am lucky in that one of the few things I can do well is find my way around, if I've been somewhere once I can normally get there again, from memory. This quite useful as I drive for a living at the moment.

However there are times where I've got close to where I'm going using map and sat nav to find the address I have is poor so have ended up on the internet on my phone doing bing searches or right move searches.

Also most sat navs including truck ones aren't the best at avoiding weight, height and width restrictions so one has to use common sense.
Old 14-09-14, 02:37 PM   #13
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Sat Nav, but then I also like to zoom right out to see the whole route so I know roughly where I'm headed.

Not got a map built into the dash that can give traffic alerts and suggest alternative routes if there is roadworks of accidents. So the satnav is pretty handy

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-14, 05:59 PM   #14
tallgeese

tallgeese is on a distinguished road
I do love a suprise road so neither is best. I have found a few epic roads by pure accident
Old 14-09-14, 08:47 PM   #15
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ View Post
Sat Nav, but then I also like to zoom right out to see the whole route so I know roughly where I'm headed.
The one I has offers 4 route alternatives, shortest, quickest, ecconomic and easiest, and shows all 4 as a route map.