theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 15-02-10, 09:06 PM   #11
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I was going to say christ that one is expensive (first ebay link)! I recently bought an MGF SE Wedgewood, MY2000 for £2100 with 57k from new. That is a limited run, 1 of 500. Get some pics up, sounds nice.
Old 15-02-10, 09:07 PM   #12
Squeaks

Squeaks will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbles View Post
cheers for that fella ive already bought it it was on ebay listed wrongly it was up for buy it now 2400 but got it for 2300, spoke to the bloke about a few things he priced it low cos hes just bought a van and he wants to kit it out for work,the mot runs out at the end of this month but its only done 54k he has bill for headgasket etc being done and service history and it looks nice from pics, it has everything you mentioned apart from colour coded steering wheel, but i brought it on the understanding that i would have it if it was as he described it

think i saw that one listed, wonder why it doesnt have the colour coded s/wheel. all trophys are ment to have them as standard. hope its a good one, you got a bargain there.
Old 15-02-10, 09:08 PM   #13
drewbles

drewbles is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
Best of luck tomorrow, hope you like it.

cheers mate still got the zs but gonna put it up for sale soon as due to circumstances needed something a bit less dear to run lol, i couldnt believe the difference between the insurance prices as they are both group 16 but ive got the mgf 400 pound cheaper work that out
drewbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-10, 09:10 PM   #14
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
We opted for the 120 as the VVC would be too much for the missus. Insurance-wise it was alot cheaper. Anyways they are the same until you wind the VVC up then it takes off.
Old 15-02-10, 09:15 PM   #15
drewbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-zs180 View Post
think i saw that one listed, wonder why it doesnt have the colour coded s/wheel. all trophys are ment to have them as standard. hope its a good one, you got a bargain there.
yeh i couldnt work that out bout the steering wheel i bet theyre hard to get hold of as well arent they lol,dont worry ill have a good look round it,only thing im not looking forward to is the hairdresser comments, which ive never understood as i bet i wouldnt get that if i was driving down the road in a convertible F430
Old 15-02-10, 09:21 PM   #16
drewbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
We opted for the 120 as the VVC would be too much for the missus. Insurance-wise it was alot cheaper. Anyways they are the same until you wind the VVC up then it takes off.
lol ive heard and read they are quick but never actually been in one, if i get it i will take some pics of it sitting next to the zs, 2x trophy yellow
Old 15-02-10, 09:23 PM   #17
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
as said the hydrogas can go funny sometimes n usual k series problems withaltenators and heads apart from that nothing much really
Old 15-02-10, 09:37 PM   #18
Squeaks

Quote:
yeh i couldnt work that out bout the steering wheel i bet theyre hard to get hold of as well arent they lol,dont worry ill have a good look round it,only thing im not looking forward to is the hairdresser comments, which ive never understood as i bet i wouldnt get that if i was driving down the road in a convertible F430
I never got the hairdresser comments with mine, i got the "dont go 2 near brighton" jokes lol didnt annoy me at all coz most the time the person saying it was in like a corsa

Quote:
lol ive heard and read they are quick but never actually been in one, if i get it i will take some pics of it sitting next to the zs, 2x trophy yellow
They are quick, great fun to drive, took mine to a mg on track day at north wealds. think i had the most fun out of everyone, you will love it

Is your ZS a 180? Im rather tempted by a yellow Mk1 180 to eventally replace my Mk2 & to go with a MGF lol

Quote:
cheers mate still got the zs but gonna put it up for sale soon as due to circumstances needed something a bit less dear to run lol, i couldnt believe the difference between the insurance prices as they are both group 16 but ive got the mgf 400 pound cheaper work that out
Im 22 & was paying £520 fully comp with 5yrs no claims on the MGF now with the ZS im paying £749 fully comp with 5yrs no claims.

Makes no sence to me.
Old 15-02-10, 09:46 PM   #19
drewbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-zs180 View Post
I never got the hairdresser comments with mine, i got the "dont go 2 near brighton" jokes lol didnt annoy me at all coz most the time the person saying it was in like a corsa

it really winds me up lol mostly from the helmets at work

They are quick, great fun to drive, took mine to a mg on track day at north wealds. think i had the most fun out of everyone, you will love it

Is your ZS a 180? Im rather tempted by a yellow Mk1 180 to eventally replace my Mk2 & to go with a MGF lol

ive never drove a rear wheel drive car are they lively on the back end, yes mate my zs is a 180(only one to have)

Im 22 & was paying £520 fully comp with 5yrs no claims on the MGF now with the ZS im paying £749 fully comp with 5yrs no claims.

Makes no sence to me.
im 24 paying £1052 on the zs fully comp 3 years ncb and the mgf is £658 fully comp
Old 15-02-10, 09:48 PM   #20
Squeaks

Quote:
im 24 paying £1052 on the zs fully comp 3 years ncb and the mgf is £658 fully comp

Thats a huge difference for 2 group16 cars.

My insurance company couldnt come up with a valid reason so just said its coz the ZS is newer lol!