theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 11-02-12, 03:53 PM   #11
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Sheddist clutch kit fitted as well, it's very likely known to someone on here or xpf.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-12, 03:53 PM   #12
Nobrainer

Nobrainer has a spectacular aura aboutNobrainer has a spectacular aura about
I've asked him lots of questions by email. The answers were:
1. The remap was a standard upgrade map, the car is not heavily modified so I could not justify the extra expense of a rolling road map. As such, I do not have dyno prints, sorry. http://www.mpmotorsportz.co.uk/ carried out the remap.
2. The dash is OK but the P/S airbag cover is warping as usual. Seats have bolster wear but it's not too bad at the moment. Carpets have a couple of small marks. I will work on pictures for you today.
3. There are a couple of small dents. One to the boot, one to the N/S R arch (That was a blue door in the car park, you can tell!)
4. Last time I saw under the car it was fine. This was when I changed the track rod ends last summer.
5. Mechanically, the car is sound. I have fitted the Sheddist clutch hydraulics as the OEM ones were starting to go. The engine pulls through the range. No holes in exhaust. The brakes where new disks in 2010 and new pads last summer. Tyres fitted last summer.
6. Car does not leak oil.
7. The VIS motors open as they should. They have not been changed yet though so they may go as the common fault that we both know they are.
8. The car has never been in an accident or written off. I have used touch-up paint for stonechips but never anything else.
9. I do not know what the symptoms would be of the plenum not functioning, I'm afraid. The motors open and you get that lovely "boost", but the plenum I don't know. Sorry.
10. The engine has a tapping noise when cold. I would be changing the oil this weekend if it didn't sell.
11. The clutch was replaced last summer (It had a bit of a refurb back then!), as I said earlier, the hydraulics have been uprated.
12. The airbox used to have a pipe to a resonating box in the N/S wing. This pulled hot air from the top of the engine back. Both pipe and box are removed (But I have them in my shed, if you want them). The airbox itself has had the bottom end cut out where the pipe originally connected. This acts as a scoop, of sorts. This has reduced the fording depth of the car, so you would be avoiding puddles, but has added a small amount of power and a large amount of noise. Wonderfully though, when not over 4,000rpm the car sounds quiet.
13. I do not have the original catalytic converter, no.
14. Modifications: Not much else. There is a USB cable running from the rear view mirror to the cigar lighter, I don't think there is anything else.
15. Door handles have never let me down, even in this weather! I did have to replace the inner driver's cable catch though.
16. Aircon works fine
17. Car does not leak
18. It is a hatchback, sorry I didn't show that well enough in the pictures.
Nobrainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-12, 04:59 PM   #13
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Sounds good, good price for all thats been done plus a spare set of wheels, like the spec.

Lucky you, have fun.

Old 11-02-12, 05:14 PM   #14
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I guess an oil change may help then, it may be low so worth chucking a litre in for the trip home.
Old 11-02-12, 05:26 PM   #15
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
When are you picking it up? You could always drop into mine if you come back down the A3 towards Pompey and I can check it over for you. Up to you.
Old 11-02-12, 05:40 PM   #16
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
ay i am very close to luton if you want us to take a look
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-12, 06:01 PM   #17
Nobrainer

Nobrainer has a spectacular aura aboutNobrainer has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for the offers guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged_Z View Post
ay i am very close to luton if you want us to take a look
They would be great thanks. Afternoon sometime ok with you?
Nobrainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-12, 09:29 AM   #18
dean0

dean0 is on a distinguished road
I had been watching that one, it looks a good deal to me. good luck!
dean0 is offline   Reply With Quote