AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 18-10-09, 09:43 AM   #11
blobslosak

blobslosak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LozMachine View Post
Britain has been living on false economy for the last 20+ years imo. I mean lets sell off our gold reserves in a recession when its worth sweet fa. yeah nice one gordon! we need to kick start the manufacturing industry and start selling / exporting big style. And what was that i heard quoted on the news today "its about time London started dancing to a Scottish tune" ? Brown & Darling? two words.. Laurel and Hardy. this country is royally fecked
Coal
Steel
Nhs
Nuclear
Shipwrights
Mg Rover (had to put that one)
Never mind at least the *ankers, sorry bankers will have a good christmas
I disagree with the mention of nuclear in that list, the industry is very strong, especially with the likelihood of more power stations being built.

Anyway, I agree with rest and it's still a bloody long list.
blobslosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-09, 09:53 AM   #12
LozMachine
Site Supporter

LozMachine is a jewel in the roughLozMachine is a jewel in the roughLozMachine is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by blobslosak View Post
I disagree with the mention of nuclear in that list, the industry is very strong, especially with the likelihood of more power stations being built.

Anyway, I agree with rest and it's still a bloody long list.
Maybe, but 90% of our work is for the nuclear industry and its all but dried up, they've actually put a block on all new projects. The Americans and French run the show now, and when are they gonna build new power stations? a year or two off at least. Given up on this year now ,just hoping some major work is released in the new year
Old 18-10-09, 09:58 AM   #13
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Next ..... Royal mail .....
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-09, 12:14 PM   #14
Paul ZS120

Paul ZS120 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Next ..... Royal mail .....
The postal service has become so crap it needs a big shake up. What happens when they try - the bloody staff strike cause they know they have it better now.

First class post used to arrive by 8am the next day. Now it's lunch if you are lucky and when lived in London the first post could be as late as 6pm. I was getting home from work before the morning mail was even delivered now that's a crap service.

First class post used to be next day delivery now you are lucky if it is two days. They have brought out recorded delivery as they lose the majority of stuff you have to pay extra so they will look after it. If you want guardnteed next day delivery you have to get 'special delivery' which is four quid dearer and is delivered in the time frame the first class post should be anyway.

The whole service is a joke and it needs the shake up. Any staff that strike should be fired and new staff brought in that actually want to do the job. Solvesthe service and the unemployment levels all in one go. This country is far too lazy. Everyone wants more wages but can't be assed working to get it
Paul ZS120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-09, 12:22 PM   #15
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Bobdope2002 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul ZS120 View Post
Everyone wants more wages but can't be assed working to get it
I Want to Work and i want to do the hours im not one of those monkeys who sponge of the goverment then have another 10 kids so they can get a house eleccy, water everything they want for free

this country needs to get its proritys right if youve been on the dole for more than 6 months ARMY time for you sorry just the way i see it and im condeming my younger brother to war but its the way forward
Bobdope2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-09, 01:43 PM   #16
Paul ZS120

Paul ZS120 is on a distinguished road
I have been a medic in the army for 8 years now and bringing back national service has been much debated lately. However in this day and age it wouldn't work and in fact I would vote against it.

The youth of today aren't fit and take drugs. I know this isn't everybody and o am making a general statement but on the whole I am right. Also the idiots that have asbo and think it's a qualification can really do without training how to use automatic weapons properly!

Bringing them into the forces would just make the army less effective therefore putting the lives of the people that want to be there under greater risk. I would rather be in the desert with someone who had signed on the line themselves than had been forced into it. Dump them in the army is just passing the buck and getting us to do what the government should have done long ago - give the little shits a kicking
Paul ZS120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-09, 01:53 PM   #17
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul ZS120 View Post
the little shits a kicking
then ud be doing time for doing so

you just cant win in this country its crap
Old 18-10-09, 02:43 PM   #18
blobslosak

blobslosak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LozMachine View Post
Maybe, but 90% of our work is for the nuclear industry and its all but dried up, they've actually put a block on all new projects. The Americans and French run the show now, and when are they gonna build new power stations? a year or two off at least. Given up on this year now ,just hoping some major work is released in the new year

What do you mean by 'The Americans and French run the show now'?
I graduated in Engineering this year and have just got a job at Sellafield, along with 50 other graduates this year. 11,000 people employed on a civil nuclear site... dried up? The new power stations are a few years off, but its certainly an industry with a decent future.
blobslosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-09, 02:58 PM   #19
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Quote:
I graduated in Engineering this year and have just got a job at Sellafield, along with 50 other graduates this year. 11,000 people employed on a civil nuclear site... dried up? The new power stations are a few years off, but its certainly an industry with a decent future.
My uncle is one of the head safety blokes at sellafield he earns fekin shitloads
Old 18-10-09, 07:27 PM   #20
LozMachine
Site Supporter

LozMachine is a jewel in the roughLozMachine is a jewel in the roughLozMachine is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Do me a favour then . START SPENDING SOME MONEY!!!!!!!!