theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 17-05-10, 01:30 PM   #11
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottforsyth View Post
so if i fit what i was going to get without soundproofing will it just sound shxx any what ever i buy coz iv not got any just now m8
It will sound alright without, dont expect any awards for SQ. Soundproofing wont make a massive difference but if spending money do it right But it comes down to budget, if your top is £400 then I cant see you getting better for everything down to wiring for that.

Id personally suggest going second hand, when I sold my setup there were some real bargins that people got. Plus things like wiring and components dont get seen once carpets are down and door cards on.
I sold some rainbow components worth £170 for £40 inc postage and they were mint. Id keep an eye on ebay for makes like rainbow as they are not that well known to the masses so often go cheap, but make no mistake they are top quality german engineering and id recommend them all day long.

Places like Halfords (although I wouldnt touch any of their speakers) they quite often have 50% off headunits so if you wanted something brand new thats what people will see everyday.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-10, 01:32 PM   #12
scottforsyth

scottforsyth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StragglaSteve View Post
if you want GOOD quality sound then you need to be aiming a bit higher then £400 if your buying new stuff.

Alpine is a very good brand indeed but that will all be its basic stuff, and it doesnt matter what brand you get, basic is still basic

i spent about £500 on JL speakers and 12" sub... and their pritty amazing!

just wish i hadnt skimped on the amp and headunit, as it lets the whole thing down
any higher m8 and the other half would go mad if u know what i mean got two kids m8 and they spend money like it grows on trees basic is all i need realy anythings got to be better than what iv got now all i need to know is will it sound ok
Old 17-05-10, 01:33 PM   #13
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottforsyth View Post
any higher m8 and the other half would go mad if u know what i mean got two kids m8 and they spend money like it grows on trees basic is all i need realy anythings got to be better than what iv got now all i need to know is will it sound ok
In a word yes when installing dont forget to run the power down one side and RCA leads for sub down the other as you get interference if you run them side by side.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 17-05-10, 01:45 PM   #14
scottforsyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ View Post
In a word yes when installing dont forget to run the power down one side and RCA leads for sub down the other as you get interference if you run them side by side.
thanks much m8 coz all iv got the now is factory every thing but got a head unit of my m8 kenwood
Old 17-05-10, 01:49 PM   #15
KevG
2007 Focus ST2

KevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really nice
Quote:
If the RCA's are properly screened, then that really isnt a problem.

KevG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-10, 01:59 PM   #16
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevG View Post
Yer but they are coming as an all inclusive deal will be budget cables, running them either side is good practice

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 17-05-10, 02:01 PM   #17
scottforsyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevG View Post
how do kev will u have a look at what im going to buy m8 and tell me what u think coz urs to me is spot on how things any way m8 did u get ur windows in
Old 17-05-10, 02:05 PM   #18
scottforsyth

Quote:
Yer but they are coming as an all inclusive deal will be budget cables, running them either side is good practice
i can get better cables if it would help m8 what about gold cables iv got gold cables for my t.v and u get alot better sound with them
Old 17-05-10, 02:09 PM   #19
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

All helps mate, people often spend good money on equipment then skint on cheap leads. A sound system is only as good as the weakest component.

Id wait to see what the kit comes with.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 17-05-10, 06:44 PM   #20
Flocka

Flocka is on a distinguished road
I've got a 12" Sony sub if you want it. Bought it about 4 years ago second hand (was only a few months old though) but never hooked it up, so haven't used it. Bought 2 of the same sub for mega bass in my Clio (lol) but in the end only hooked one up, so the other was never used. I'd sell it for £40 if you want it at all.
Flocka is offline   Reply With Quote