theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 14-02-10, 01:37 PM   #11
SheppeyTrio

SheppeyTrio is on a distinguished road
swapped as seen!! Tell him to jog on!!! If he's not happy with the Vectra then he shouldn't have swapped in the first place!!!!
SheppeyTrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-10, 01:38 PM   #12
nath86

nath86 is on a distinguished road
Iv had all this trouble before, when i sold my wrx shitpreza i had an email 2 days later, i got the car to france and then the big ends went (he was scottish, in the army based in germany), now you have to pay the repair bills or i may pay you a visit, went on for about a week with threatening emails, then it went to im goin through small claims courts etc, i still aint heard anything back and thts 3 years now lol, the funny thing was that the impreza was very tidy and he took 8 hours looking at it, jacked every corner up to check absolutly everything and i even picked him up from bristol airport free of charge which he was ment to pay for but didnt and that was a 110 mile round trip in it. What more can you say.

Just ignore him and it should stop, if he does come round then call police as any other way will land you in trouble IMO

Last edited by nath86; 14-02-10 at 01:40 PM.
nath86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-10, 01:42 PM   #13
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
that^^^^
Old 14-02-10, 01:52 PM   #14
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by nath86 View Post
Iv had all this trouble before, when i sold my wrx shitpreza i had an email 2 days later, i got the car to france and then the big ends went (he was scottish, in the army based in germany), now you have to pay the repair bills or i may pay you a visit, went on for about a week with threatening emails, then it went to im goin through small claims courts etc, i still aint heard anything back and thts 3 years now lol, the funny thing was that the impreza was very tidy and he took 8 hours looking at it, jacked every corner up to check absolutly everything and i even picked him up from bristol airport free of charge which he was ment to pay for but didnt and that was a 110 mile round trip in it. What more can you say.

Just ignore him and it should stop, if he does come round then call police as any other way will land you in trouble IMO
funny thing was the engine management,came on again the night before,i phoned him told him all about it,car was still running fine,i even drove from falkirk to dundee,to prove it was a good car,as of today,thats him had the car a month now,mgs fine,ha ha
andys1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-10, 05:44 PM   #15
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
This reminds me of when I traded my first maestro in for a montego estate. TBH the maestro was dying, oil leak from the bell housing was getting oil on the clutch and when it was warm it was almost undrivable, there were other little things.

I got a resonable trade in deal for it but as the battery was only a few months old I changed it for one that only held just enough charge overnight.

Did the trade on the Saturday, got an angry call on the monday from the garage, I'd ripped him off, blah blah blah, I told him they had accepted the car, it was their problem.
Old 14-02-10, 05:48 PM   #16
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Nice to see someone getting one over a used car garage rather than the other way round

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-10, 06:01 PM   #17
Southside_ZS

Southside_ZS is on a distinguished road
I've had this a few times. All a part of selling used cars nowadays unfortunatly. Just people seam to want something for nothing.

I sold one of my ZS's this time last year, couple of days later the guy i sold it to rang me complaining the backlight bulb had gone on the interior clock, yes seriously, and was moaning he took me as an honest guy and thought the car was in perfect working order. I said to him christ mate its a 50p bulb for gods sake get a life.

On another note though i have heard legally a car cant be "sold as seen". How true it is i dont know.
Southside_ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-10, 06:06 PM   #18
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
I would have asked if he wanted a bulb sent for the price of postage

If its not sold as seen how is it sold and where do you stand selling a sh car?

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-10, 06:25 PM   #19
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ View Post
I would have asked if he wanted a bulb sent for the price of postage

If its not sold as seen how is it sold and where do you stand selling a sh car?
Hi and

Think you have to sell a car as "fit for purpose", if its MOT,d and no known faults, think I would offer a test drive and get the punter to say that he had driven it and was happy to buy it on that basis.

I know you have 2 hours to return a car that you bought at auction if there is a major prolem thats not declared. There is also a listing that says, once sold no come back, but the price normally is a lot lower.

Thing is the car could be perfect when you sell it, get a nutter in it, revs it like mad, hits potholes or the kerb and its bu****d. Not your fault but bet they would come whinging back.

Old 14-02-10, 06:41 PM   #20
Smokie

Smokie will become famous soon enough
A car trader cannot sell a car "sold as seen" no matter what they say they can't do it. i think a private buyer can sell a car as "sold as seen". lets face it when you buy / swop a second hand car you know you will find a few things wrong with it no matter how well you check it over, but i always build that into my budget when buying a secondhand car and keep a little bit back for repairs or the odd mod!
Smokie is offline   Reply With Quote