theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 08-05-10, 06:19 PM   #11
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Was it near Edinburgh?

When we were up there a couple of years ago my wife was driving on the A1, we pulled into a service station for a break and change of driver, when we left the services I shot up the slip road and onto the dual carrageway not noticing the speed limit change from 70 to 50 on the main road above the junction.

As I nipped along I noticed a police car a long way behind, I also noticed the speed limit signs on the lamposts so slowed and pulled into the left hand lane, they soon caught up and followed us for a few miles while I drove to the book. Eventually we pulled up a set of lights, them on my outside, I looked around with a sheepish smile, they turned at the next junction.

My guess is they were just checking out that the car wasn't stolen etc.

Then when they saw your yellow ZS they thought it was me and they'ed got me this time!
Old 08-05-10, 06:22 PM   #12
Smokey
The Alan Gow of OBTCC

Smokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to behold
Near my neck of the woods?!?

2009 Forza 2 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC 2nd Place Runner-up
2009/2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Clio Cup 4th Place
2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/F500 Cup 2nd Place Runner-up
2011 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 3rd Place
2012 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 1st Place Winner
2012/2013 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/DTM Championship 3rd Place
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-10, 06:24 PM   #13
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritchyp View Post
they changed it again recently, and its basically the tint thats on the car out the factory is the amount, the slight green tint, apatrantly strathclyde police where allowing the next level up just but i thought best not chance it, you should of said you where up pete woulda been good to meet ya
Thought I might have been too shattered, but in the end it was an easy drive up, saw Rangers ground, Hamish the bull, Dreadnought garage.

What surprised us was the number of 10 reg cars around, quite a few 09 and 95, think there is more money up round you then around here. Maybe its the oil industry.

Great scenery, still saw snow up on the high ground.

Old 08-05-10, 06:26 PM   #14
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
Was it near Edinburgh?

When we were up there a couple of years ago my wife was driving on the A1, we pulled into a service station for a break and change of driver, when we left the services I shot up the slip road and onto the dual carrageway not noticing the speed limit change from 70 to 50 on the main road above the junction.

As I nipped along I noticed a police car a long way behind, I also noticed the speed limit signs on the lamposts so slowed and pulled into the left hand lane, they soon caught up and followed us for a few miles while I drove to the book. Eventually we pulled up a set of lights, them on my outside, I looked around with a sheepish smile, they turned at the next junction.

My guess is they were just checking out that the car wasn't stolen etc.

Then when they saw your yellow ZS they thought it was me and they'ed got me this time!
Boy racers was mentioned!!!!

Old 08-05-10, 06:37 PM   #15
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
Near my neck of the woods?!?
On the opposite coast, guy was quite good in the way he handled it, shook his hand, as I had visions of the car being removed on a lorry!!! Plus 3 points and £60 fine.

First I've heard of the 30 level of tint rule, still ignorance of the laws no defence, will be checking on front tints on Monday.

Last edited by peterzs; 08-05-10 at 07:04 PM.
peterzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-10, 06:49 PM   #16
KevG
2007 Focus ST2

KevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really nice
Standard tint on the ZS is green, no darker, it is that same as the windscreen.

KevG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-10, 06:49 PM   #17
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
It pays to be courteous, if you were offish they would have played by the book.
Old 08-05-10, 06:51 PM   #18
KevG
2007 Focus ST2

KevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really nice
You should have said Peter that you were up here, I'm sure some of our lot would have made it to a wee mini meet.

KevG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-10, 06:58 PM   #19
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
It pays to be courteous, if you were offish they would have played by the book.
One thing I've learnt, always, yes sir, no sir, sorry sir, did snarl a bit with, "welcome to Scotland", thats before he said he could have the car removed, as it was too dangerous to drive (?????).

Why arnt you out celebrating Mick????

Old 08-05-10, 07:03 PM   #20
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevG View Post
You should have said Peter that you were up here, I'm sure some of our lot would have made it to a wee mini meet.

Always feel a bit of a whatsit, now I know its not such a bad journey apart from the M6 on the way back, (too tight to pay the £5 for the toll M6), will have to have another drive up.

If I've still got a licence!! Still thats another story!!!