AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 05-01-12, 01:18 PM   #1
archermav

archermav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taphouse View Post
I am sure we all know this already, however I have got slack with it over the last few years, covering/hiding numbers plates in pictures of the cars on the forum.

I had a fix penalty notice through for 74 in a 30, in West Brom, which is nowhere near where I live, it was a MG ZS with my old reg, and it was dated just before I sold it. So I assume the reg was taken either from a forum, or from the pistonheads advert.

Its all sorted now, but servers as a nice little reminder to everyone out there who post pictures on public forums.

Whats the date of the notice mate, and where exactly. I am nothing more than curious, in a professional way of course.
archermav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-12, 02:25 PM   #2
Captain Peanut

Captain Peanut is a jewel in the roughCaptain Peanut is a jewel in the roughCaptain Peanut is a jewel in the rough
Cheers for the warning.

I thought you needed the V5 to get plates made now, although I guess they must just know a dodgy garage somewhere.
Captain Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-12, 02:27 PM   #3
big_wasa

big_wasa has a spectacular aura aboutbig_wasa has a spectacular aura about
You can still buy "show plates" online
big_wasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-12, 08:43 AM   #4
itsonlyme

itsonlyme is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Peanut View Post
Cheers for the warning.

I thought you needed the V5 to get plates made now, although I guess they must just know a dodgy garage somewhere.
you can get show plates made up from alot of internet companies without any i.d.
itsonlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-12, 07:48 PM   #5
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I got rid of my first car, a Lada 1200, reg TGO 838R, in Aug 1988 (remeber the date as it was the week before my first wedding). Months later my father (who had been the first registerd owner before me) got a letter from Maidstone council saying that his Peugeot had recived a parking ticket that hadn't been paid -

Cloning excisted before the internet, I can think of at least 2 other stories from my youth.
Old 05-01-12, 08:16 PM   #6
Taphouse

Taphouse is on a distinguished road
I've give this warning, and sig has both the regs on the cars! lol Think I'll be changing them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
I got rid of my first car, a Lada 1200, reg TGO 838R, in Aug 1988 (remeber the date as it was the week before my first wedding). Months later my father (who had been the first registerd owner before me) got a letter from Maidstone council saying that his Peugeot had recived a parking ticket that hadn't been paid -

Cloning excisted before the internet, I can think of at least 2 other stories from my youth.
no doubt, but the internet makes it dam easy!