theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Cars For Sale

Old 08-05-12, 07:42 AM   #11
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Question

Ok guys u am meeting Ross tonight to test the reyland beastie :-) so unless it's a complete arse to drive I know I will have it, but that still leaves mine to move on to a lucky person :-))
After talking to Ross and the fact he is looking at breaking the vag which to me seems such a waste I am going to hav to get serious about moving mine on. I am not going to give it away but considering the interest I would be prepared to offer the following:

Commitment to purchase on installments ?

Maybe over 2 or 3 months

I will of course not release the car / v5 untill final payment but you would be welcome to come and record milage etc, car will be stores and not used at all during this time.
I will also be throwing in the new interior and a replacement for the front of the Bonnet which has a crack in it. These are a couple of things that would go to putting the car in a mint condition :-)

Oh and the belt kit that I have just got from cutler12 on xpf (just gotta pick it up) current belts hav done 20k ish.

Thoughts ??

Cheers
Paul

Last edited by sneekyparrot; 08-05-12 at 07:44 AM.
sneekyparrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-12, 08:12 AM   #12
carmadbaker

carmadbaker has a spectacular aura aboutcarmadbaker has a spectacular aura about
Good luck with the test drive dude, im sure it will be love at first sight!
Sounds like your being VERY reasonable and overall a decent bloke so fingers crossed she gets snapped up bud! Free bump!

-MK1 MG ZS T16 Turbo 2.1
-Lotus Elise S2 111

You Can't Spell Dangerous Without "Dan"
carmadbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-12, 08:23 AM   #13
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmadbaker View Post
Good luck with the test drive dude, im sure it will be love at first sight!
Sounds like your being VERY reasonable and overall a decent bloke so fingers crossed she gets snapped up bud! Free bump!
Cheers
Just want to see current steed go to a good home, if I could I would keep both but it would just be a waste and the insurance on both would make me feel light headed lol!

P.
Old 08-05-12, 08:33 AM   #14
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Sure it will go to a good home, If I had the money and didnt have the bike to finish Id snap it up. Times like this I wish I was still working and not a skint student

...dont offer student discount do you!

Best of luck with the sale and the purchase of the Ross'

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-12, 04:00 PM   #15
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Would love it mate - genuinely - but it's just too much for me as a second car even over a few months ....

All the best and hopefully it'll stay around.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-12, 04:31 PM   #16
Smokey
The Alan Gow of OBTCC

Smokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to behold
I'm the same, couldn't justify having another ZS outside the house, even though I'd love a 'charged one! And I couldn't part with the 180 I have as I would probably use it to convert this one lol!

2009 Forza 2 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC 2nd Place Runner-up
2009/2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Clio Cup 4th Place
2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/F500 Cup 2nd Place Runner-up
2011 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 3rd Place
2012 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 1st Place Winner
2012/2013 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/DTM Championship 3rd Place
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-12, 05:06 PM   #17
sneekyparrot

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
I'm the same, couldn't justify having another ZS outside the house, even though I'd love a 'charged one! And I couldn't part with the 180 I have as I would probably use it to convert this one lol!
Yeah did it once before when I bought the charged one, thought I would use other one for day to day and charged one for blasts but it was
Kak and the other one hardly moved for 6 months
Until I sold it!

Was trying to test the vag tonigh but Ross reckons its developed a misfire so waiting to hear.
Just when I need to get it sorted as I have had a couple of potential sales on mine.

******!

Had a good chat with Martin about the car and what it would take to start getting some serious ponies out the mOtor :-)))

P.
Old 08-05-12, 05:38 PM   #18
Quadcam24

Quadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the rough
not much mate , i had it built to take 400 bhp , its already got uprated rods, and all the valves done, gearbox is uprated so is clutch....just need injectors, turbo and manifold and a garrett end welding on the zorst....seriously though you need to drive it first because its mental anyway.
Misfire prob just a coil pack gone down hopefully.
Quadcam24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-12, 08:30 PM   #19
sneekyparrot

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcam24 View Post
not much mate , i had it built to take 400 bhp , its already got uprated rods, and all the valves done, gearbox is uprated so is clutch....just need injectors, turbo and manifold and a garrett end welding on the zorst....seriously though you need to drive it first because its mental anyway.
Misfire prob just a coil pack gone down hopefully.
Oh man now i am confused i thought davev6 built the car or are you one in the same :-)

spoke to ross and thats what he thinks has happened, think its happened before.

Martin recons the rods are good for 600hp but dont think we are looking at that level. If things go ok then i will get the car but i will need to make it more streetable which will mean adding a bit more wieght. Will look at putting the glass back in and maybe a heater to start, i dont want it as a total road car as i will use it on the track but i also want to drive it and i like being able to wind the window down, not to sure about the seat as ross recons they are a bit snugg?? oh well we shall see.

when you say garrett are we looking at something like a T28? this seems to be the one that everyone harpers on about when talking about 300hp+ T16's.

oh and i would have to sort the clocks out lol!

cheers
Old 08-05-12, 08:56 PM   #20
Quadcam24

Quadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the rough
yes im dave mate, some time back my e mail changed and i couldnt get my details so just signed on again ,lol

T28's no good, you wanna be looking at a garrett Gt 2871 or similar from the TDo series imo, that will see 400, or an easy 360 + on reasonable boost .
I always wanted to go about 350 with a disco potato (Gt 2860RS) with boost by gear, you dont really want high boost as it will make even more torque.
Pistons need swapping out if you go over 400.
I cant imagine what the frig 400 would be like !?!?!?! ..but if you ever do it i wanna bagsy a ride .lol
Quadcam24 is offline   Reply With Quote