theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 08-10-14, 01:23 PM   #11
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Saw the 6 up for sale and though - I wonder if that's Craig's.

Don't go daft on the 45 mate .... rare these days to see one nice and original, and would likely be a nice little show car if you kept is standard, especially with the good provenance.

Welcome home.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-14, 01:59 PM   #12
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Saw the 6 up for sale and though - I wonder if that's Craig's.

Don't go daft on the 45 mate .... rare these days to see one nice and original, and would likely be a nice little show car if you kept is standard, especially with the good provenance.

Welcome home.
Yup, it's mine buddy

Things don't change much do they, apart from my cars lol.

Oh no I won't go daft, I only want to make it a little less dull as although yes it may be rare in standard form it isn't without imperfections and is far from show car spec. Just hides a lot of things pretty well but tidy overall.
Low and wide rims and I'll be smiling. At least with coilovers it would mean if I really wanted to revert to oe look for a show it's possible to do so with them.

Thanks for the welcome back Dan
Old 09-10-14, 05:20 AM   #13
Malteser

Malteser is on a distinguished road
What are you guys saying, don't go daft with it?!?! Customize the hell out of it!! it is so much fun! If you want any ideas just ask.
Malteser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-14, 08:43 AM   #14
Craig-ZS180

Craig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the roughCraig-ZS180 is a jewel in the rough
Haha, I know it's all fun but it's really just a 2nd potter about car that I'm. It supposed to care that much about lol.
Purely the work runabout.

Won't stay completely standard though
Old 22-01-15, 06:00 PM   #15
Craig-ZS180

Just been given a set of wheels to put on the ol" 400.
They aren't probably to everyone's tastes but then I'm not gonna argue as they have decent rubber and will at least get rid of the horrid 14" steels. Plus it was needing new rubber all round so really a win win on that one for me.

The wheels are Cades Eros 16x7 et30 with Yoko tyres.

The progress with the car has been very very slow as it is really just the work horse but it has been treated to the new cams, exhaust, better brakes and now the wheels so it's slowly getting there.
The cams have improved it top end nicely, really just revs now which is rather pleasant

In all fairness this is probably one of those cars I've cared the least for but it keeps on giving reasonably big grins as it's just a laugh.
Old 31-01-15, 06:53 PM   #16
Craig-ZS180

Got the wheels on this evening and from first impressions they don't look too bad imo.
Bit of poke on the front and now could do with being lowered a touch but overall looks ok.
Has thrown the speedo out a bit which I need to work out properly so it doesn't cause issues but other than it now riding a little higher all seems good to start with.
Will get some better pics tomorrow when it's light but here's a couple from outside KFC whilst the mrs was getting the food lol.

Backs sitting low due to having 4 wheels, trolley jack, axle stands and two children in the back. Does sit a little more level when we are in front or not fully loaded in the rear

Sorry about the picture quality and the fact the cars filthy
Old 31-01-15, 07:03 PM   #17
Lukeus101

Lukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to all
Lower it a tad and it will look spot on

ZS Appreciation Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/475756782447499/

> ZR 105 (Broken) > MK2 ZS 180 (Sold) > MK1 ZS 180 (Sold) > ZR Replica (Dead) > MK1 ZS 180 (Broken)
Lukeus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-15, 07:05 PM   #18
Craig-ZS180

Cheers buddy. Agree on that.
It will be going lower soon now. Just not sure if to go the coilover route or just the 40/45mm springs I've seen.
Either way will go down a touch
Old 31-01-15, 07:23 PM   #19
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Looks pretty good
Old 31-01-15, 08:19 PM   #20
Craig-ZS180

Cheers Mick. It's never going to be an amazing looking one but just trying to bring it a little more upto date than it was.
And for free, I'm not going to knock them at all