AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-05-08, 09:34 AM   #1
Zedhead

Zedhead is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Think the Zed might have to go

drove home about 2 miles from the gym lastnight, nice and steady 30mph, got outside my house and the temp gauge started to rise above its normal resting place, normally sits just under half way and it went up another quarter,
checked the heating STONE COLD!! got out and looked under the bonnet and you guessed it, NO COOLANT!!!

luckily I always have some in, the car did suffer HGF Feb 07 and I have always done my best to prevent it happening again, so I topped it up and went for a ride 4 or 5 miles, at that time it was becoming dark so I couldnt check the coolant properly again, took the missus to work and came back this morning another 2 miles checked again half the coolant gone,

oil is nice and clean no mixing going on, can't find a leak at all?

one thing I have noticed the last few weeks is my exhaust (standard) has started getting a fair bit more grunt to it, its popping and farting like a rally car, which I thought was pretty cool, checked today after taking the missus to work and noticed a LOT of water at the very end of the pipe, could the coolant be exiting at the pipe?

either way my missus will be giving birth to our second child in a few weeks and I cannot afford any 'serious' repairs right now
Zedhead is offline   Reply With Quote