theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 07-03-09, 05:40 PM   #11
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricks180 View Post
This might sound thick but I was always told if you dont ask you'll never know. What is a remap and what does it involve?
visit the sellers website http://www.hammondauto.net/
or their suppliers - http://www.torquetronix.co.uk/

both have info.

Torquetronix only list diesels for the Zeds!

My only experience of a chipped car was a good one, I drove a standard Golf VR6 from Horsham to Cranleigh and a superchipped one back, you could feel the diffrence.
Old 08-03-09, 05:45 PM   #12
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricks180 View Post
This might sound thick but I was always told if you dont ask you'll never know. What is a remap and what does it involve?
Well if you have not read the links posted, the short of it, the instructions in the ECU that control the amount of fuel used at any given time are adjusted to provide more power. (there is a whole host of other changes that can be made as well, such as timing adjustements, rev limiter increases, torque limits etc etc)

Basically a good remapper can adjust almost anything that the car did originally to either tweak how you want it, or just go all out for power..

on the flip side If a person does not know what htey are doing you can have problems long term, i confess i dont know much about the petrol side, but diesel is almost a case of more fuel = more power.

If you go too far, then EGT's get too hot, and then amount of particualtes, plus the overheated exhuast turbine looses you torque. The balence is a bit of smoke but not too much, it gets trickier as you have pre-boost and post boost smoke levels to contend with too.

Most factory ECU maps are designed for longevity\reliability so a % increase can usually be got, but on a nasp engine they are usually quite small
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote